Most embarrassing character

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Most cringeworthy...

Cow Pee... uh, Cao Pi
3%
Ma "eat my justice" Chao
9%
*giggle* Xiao *gigglegiggle* Qiao *giggle*
18%
Zhang Jiao... oh Heavvvvveeeeennnnnssss!
20%
Zhuge Liang---he MEANT to be that way...
1%
La Vita di Zhang He e bella!
34%
Others (explain!)
14%

Total votes : 134

Re: Most embarrassing character

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Shu with it's own head up in the clouds was it's own embarrassment. Or Liu Bei, a time travelling propaganda robot clearly suffering severe damage to it's thinking unit. Not human and embarrassingly stupid.

Playing through Jin at the moment but I strongly suspect Guo Huai will be the embarrassing character for them. The wife thing is nice but they way overdo, as some feared when they saw the costume, his ill-health and my word is he a drama queen. Couldn't order breakfast without five dramatic poses...
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Korin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Why isn't Xu Chu here - this guy is a embarrassment in DW series, but not in other ROTK related subjects.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 am

3 out of 20 pages go to discussing Xu Zhu.

I thought he was great in 7 though
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Korin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:3 out of 20 pages go to discussing Xu Zhu.

I thought he was great in 7 though

I'd rather Xu Chu look like his Three Kingdoms 2010 self - THE TIGER GENERAL not some fat blob
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

So fat people offend you??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Nope. I'd rather him look like http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Xu-Chu - "Muscle Fat" not "blob fat"

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Zhang-He - Zhang He looks like this I wish

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Guo-Huai - E.G. he looks terrible in DW

but I perfer Xu Chu to look like he was in THREE KINGDOMS 2010 62. Xu Chu duels Ma Chao - JUST youtube search episode 62 and you'll know what I mean

KOEI doesn't want to piss off their japanese fanbase tho, they don't care about the others
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 pm

If someone is built and muscly then they're muscly not fat!! So basically you want every character to be an idealized manly man all muscled up with no uniqueness or effeminacy or fat, how dare any man not fit the idealized version society enforces on people??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Liao Ce » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 am

^
I don't see anything wrong with Xu Zhu's appearance. It's his personality and voice acting that destroys him as a serious character. I mean, his voice and personality in DW5... I could so see him chasing Buggs Bunny around. :lol:

But the one character I never understood was Yue Ying. Her character profile in 5 described her as being rather plain and unattractive... yet they made her gorgeous anyways... what the heck? :?
Why does every girl in video games have to be a perfect 10? I for one would welcome seeing a normal looking woman in DW.

However, in my opinion, almost every girl in DW is an embarrassing character. They all prance around in mini-skirts carrying magic fans and flutes. Wang Yi is by far my favorite. And Sun SX is ok. And I always give Zhu Rong a pass on wearing her outfits because she is SUPPOSE to be tribal in appearance. I love Ginchiyo Tachibana from Samurai Warriors... but there's no one close in DW. Wang Yi is at least in that general direction I guess tho.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 am

Well beauty is something that is subjective anyway like Diao Chan I haven't found her to be nice in anyway compared to her DW4 appearance!! I find her appearance to be vulgar and stupid considering at one point they were portraying her all "my love"!!

But yeah the media these days including video games are too ruled by belief that rake women are the most beautiful and the world is conditioned to follow this!! There is too much of one or the other type of woman in especially Japanese anime and games!! You either have the stick-thin flat chested girls or the stick-thin women with stupidly over large breasts that would break someone of that body weight's back or strain their heart!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Agree with Liao Ce's view on Xu Zhu. His fatness makes him stand out and I quite like the look, my issue has been (till 7), the personality was more then a little irritating.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training