Which Character Do You Find the Most Amusing

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Funniest Warrior of the 3 Kingdoms

Yuan Shao
29%
Zhang He
33%
Meng Huo
19%
Sima Yi
19%

Total votes : 21

Unread postby Adam » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:50 am

*cringes*
Please not Zhang Jiao that voice kills me, especially after hearing how bad it got in DW5E, it's not funny it's nauseating!
My vote goes to Xiahou Yuan as well.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:32 am

I love the way Zhang Jiao says Providence in his True Musou attack and all this talk of Xiahou Yuan makes me want to play as him, (never did for... some reason)
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:55 pm

zhang he and his ending, zhang he teaching xiahou yuan. Xiahou yuan x zhang he pair is a handsome dual.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Volpe » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:16 pm

I'd say Zhang Jiao I like his unique accent and his
funny moveset.
Volpe
Tyro

Unread postby azn099 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:29 pm

Zhang He! He is just so cool. Lol the lines he says are so funny.

"Let us dance through the enemy base." Haha that cracks me up every single time.

It's also funny when he teaches people how to dance.
azn099
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:07 am

I think Xiahou Yuan really has the most hilarious shot at the post-battle points-rounding up thingy. I'll see if I can arrange for a screenshot in a bit. :D I like how he feels "sorry" for the enemy before going in to crush them... like how he said to Cao Cao before Guandu in DW5: "My lord, is it really ok to beat up Yuan Shao? I mean... I feel sorry for him! Compared to you, he seems so... weak!" Or before Dingjun in Chinese, "Sigh... I pity the fool Liu Bei... he's even almost trying hard!"

Edit: To add to my Xiahou Yuan quotes collection: (my own (liberal) translations)

:arrow: At Guandu, after Xiahou Yuan defeats Zhang He, and Zhang He is crouching and sulking.

Xiahou Yuan: Hey, your fighting isn't that bad, even though you're a bit, uh, odd. You know what, my lord really values strong and special people, like you. Care to join us?

Zhang He: You mean, this delicate flower wouldn't have to endure being buried in the mud here, but has another chance to bloom in beauty? [does a "Oh I am beautiful" dance, Zhang He style; butterflies all over the screen]

Xiahou Yuan: [turns around and says to himself] Hmm, I'm sorry, my lord. I think I just brought you someone too special...

:arrow: Battle of Hanzhong, Legend mode, Xiahou Yuan meets Pang De.

Pang De: [says something about protecting Hanzhou, in the serious Pang De style]

Xiahou Yuan: Hey, why be so stiff? Maybe you'll soften up after I give you a good beating!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:26 am

Lady Wu wrote::arrow: At Guandu, after Xiahou Yuan defeats Zhang He, and Zhang He is crouching and sulking.

Xiahou Yuan: Hey, your fighting isn't that bad, even though you're a bit, uh, odd. You know what, my lord really values strong and special people, like you. Care to join us?

Zhang He: You mean, this delicate flower wouldn't have to endure being buried in the mud here, but has another chance to bloom in beauty? [does a "Oh I am beautiful" dance, Zhang He style; butterflies all over the screen]

Xiahou Yuan: [turns around and says to himself] Hmm, I'm sorry, my lord. I think I just brought you someone too special...

That's an almost direct translation of what he says in the English version. ;) Though Xiahou Yuan says 'weird' instead of 'special'.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby DOAE Liu Bei » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:08 am

Meng huo by a landslide.

Wanna know why?

DW3.

Btw, he's the only char I didnt unlock yet. How do I get him?
DOAE Liu Bei
Apprentice

Unread postby Adam » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:53 am

Xiahou Yuan would clearly be winning, but it appears someone has decided he shouldn't win and thus hasn't changed the poll.
Conspiracy!!
And yes I know the creator can't fix it, but there's other people around...... :P
^Vain attempt to make this fit the thread while answering question.

DOAE Liu Bei wrote:Btw, he's the only char I didnt unlock yet, how do I get him?

You have to beat him 7 times in The Nanman Campaign, urbanterrorist mentioned it before and I agree: use Zhuge Liang, cause it takes forever to find him all those times on that damn map (at least in 4 it was, never actually played 3 I just know things about it).
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:49 am

The stupid thing about Xiahou Yuan is that his English voice actor isn't funny! The Japanese XHY has this really comical voice (he talks really fast, almost Chip & Dale style, and has a weird intonation) that adds to the effect of his lines.

Well, the Japanese Zhang He has a *really* girly voice, too.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training