How in-character are you?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

How in-character are you?

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:07 pm

I think I get quite in character when I'm playing. I have a Zhang Liao-phobia whenever I'm playing as Sun Quan, even in Xtreme mode (where Zhang Liao is just as powerful as any other generic officer) :roll: . I'm just paranoid that he'd randomly power up and whoop my butt like at Hefei.

Then, when I was playing Sun Jian in DW4, at the Battle of Jiangdong, I always make sure Yuan Shu die a long and painful death, and squeeze him for every possible weapon exp point. I'd get him down to the end of his life bar, let him run around and regen, rinse, repeat. The b*****d did try to starve me to death at Sishui Gate.

Also, when I'm fighting against Yue Ying---who I really like, outside of that battle---I find myself hurling Sima Yi's insults at her: "Obnoxious woman! Go find your husband in the underworld!"
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:18 pm

I suppose one of the main things that caused me to fall in love with Dynasty Warriors was the fact it is filled with these characters I understand so well. You aren’t taking a nameless warrior and fighting all about China, you are taking Lü Bu and <i>massacring</i> any who dare to stand in your way. Or you are taking Zhuge Liang and carefully planning surgical strikes to swing the battle in your favor. You can laugh when someone calls Dian Wei weak, or chuckle when they insult Sima Yi’s intelligence.

I get pretty in-character when I am playing. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:09 pm

I love all the characters a lot, I laugh when I'm being a woman, like Sun Shang Xiang (Surprise!!) and run upto another girl in the game and she gives me a feministic remark!!

I get into characters so much, really, especially in DW4 (as explained in another thread)!!
If I was SSX and playig, say against Liu Biao, and there's no more enemy generals bar the commander and the Sun Family is all rallied up and the say "Let's finish this Shang Xiang" (Sun Ce) then I get all bouncy and reply, "OK bro!" ...I need a life hehe!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:14 pm

SunXia wrote:I love all the characters a lot, I laugh when I'm being a woman, like Sun Shang Xiang (Surprise!!) and run upto another girl in the game and she gives me a feministic remark!!

Yeah, like if I am playing as SSX, and Yue Ying says to me, "Being a woman doesn't mean I can't fight!" I'd say, "Well, guess what, me too!"

I get into characters so much, really, especially in DW4 (as explained in another thread)!!
If I was SSX and playig, say against Liu Biao, and there's no more enemy generals bar the commander and the Sun Family is all rallied up and the say "Let's finish this Shang Xiang" (Sun Ce) then I get all bouncy and reply, "OK bro!" ...I need a life hehe!!

Heh, when I play as one of the Qiaos in the DW4 battle for the Qiaos, I would always make snide remarks to the other sister about how useless the men are. (Seriously, Sun Ce and Zhou Yu only get in the way and get killed.)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:48 pm

oh you don't really want to know.
"Xu huang has arrive" Fan castle I say it at the same time
"Liu Bei" For my brother! way of musu.
When lu bu and diao chan betray me when im dong zhuo I say traitorS!
Guan Yu in Fan castle when wu comes "noooo traitors!"
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Kustin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:07 am

Is it the quotes that brought you into playing this game?
I don't get proud when I finish my arts after all the hard work... until you like them. Why? Because I'm doing it for your sake.
Kustin
Sage

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Kustin wrote:Is it the quotes that brought you into playing this game?
yea they act like the real thing
Liu Bei sees 10 shu soldier die... 10 wu soldiers in their place
"What ever happens to me I will avenge guan yu" Liu Bei goes on ahead
"My Lord We need you in this world!" Zhao Yun
goes on ahead* Liu Bei
"My lord!" Zhao Yun
Liu Bei *sad and leaves..."
Zhao Yun "Allow my spear to let thwem pay for the death of guan yu!" well that was pretty in character for liu bei. It has alot of emotion going there.
Liu Bei in yikling with ssx
"Must our lifes lead us in such serprate paths" Liu Bei
"Oh liu bei..."
Good... bye... liu bei...." ssx
"Farewell...." - liu bei
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby urbanterrorist » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:52 pm

I can get pretty in-character too. When I play Battle of Yi Ling as Liu Bei I go on a rampage looking for Sun Quan and Zhu Ran.

I sometimes yell in Korean "attack" and "retreat" at the TV.
They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind,
"Who are you really, wanderer?" and the answer you have to give
no matter how dark and cold the world around you is:
"Maybe I'm a king. -William Stafford
urbanterrorist
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:10 pm

ahah you should see me in chaos mode in yiling as liu bei! way of musou along with red life he screams out "for my brother" sometimes i will yell out justice for ma chao ahah so annoying. I sometimes chant 1,2,3,4 with my character to do charge attack.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Hahaha, playing as Sima Yi is the best. You run around and call everyone a stupid moron. I love Sima Yi. :twisted:
Lady Wu

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training