Xtreme randomness

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Jake wrote:Like wow, I'm playing on stage 42 on Xtreme Mode, but how would be the Qiao's in something like stage 60.. Damn hard. But yeah, I could get them to my side when the time comes, like I rescue one of them or give them money to be my ally.

My strategy is to craft the best weapon I can, because the enemy boss takes longer and longer to kill (up to a certain point). You need to upgrade your weapon to match the increased difficulty. Attack is the best defense in this game (the faster you kill, the less damage your allies will take). For replenishing life, try to pick the stages with healing items (the imprisoned Zhang Jiao is awesome---super easy +200 health; and once you've done enough good deeds or established good rapport with your group, you don't have to worry about pillaging either).

The difficulty actually maxes out after a while. I didn't really keep track, but by level 80 each subsequent battle just seemed pretty much the same. The point multiplier is a good indication of difficulty level---the highest multiplier is 6.0 (and that's usually just on the kingdom reunification battle, though I waited around and got a kingdom reunification stage with a 4.2 multiplier, which was a breeze!). I'm on stage 145 now. :shock:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Jake » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

Lady Wu wrote:I'm on stage 145 now. :shock:

What are you, a she-devil?

I've managed to get myself in DW4 only to stage 62, which I thought, that it was really high. But that you're on 145, you're damn good.

Hmm. Friday. Could get to home and play Extreme mode again.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Jake wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:I'm on stage 145 now. :shock:

What are you, a she-devil?

I've managed to get myself in DW4 only to stage 62, which I thought, that it was really high. But that you're on 145, you're damn good.

Hmm. Friday. Could get to home and play Extreme mode again.

Heh, I used to pat myself on the back when I got to stage 60 too. Then I'd be way too cocky and take on the kingdom reunification stage without being totally prepared, and have my ass handed back to me.

Hang in there, though. Like I said, after a certain stage, it's like you're on cruise control. Make sure you max out that weapon, though.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Re: Xtreme randomness

Unread postby Starscream » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Just replayed DW6 lately and starting everything from scratch.

I used Guan Yu in the Hulao Gate scenario once and after the gate was knocked down by the allies, they would start to attack Dong Zhuo's main camp. Dong Zhuo would panic and demand that Lu Bu should stop fooling around and go and rescue him. By some sheer luck, Guan Yu's Ebon King horse knocked Lu Bu senseless when he was saying the line, "the weaker they are, the louder they howl" and I gained 1000 exp in 10 seconds.

From now on, I will not consider Ebon King to be lesser than the Auburn King if used in the right manner... :devil:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Starscream » Sat May 05, 2012 2:44 am

DW6 video interludes between each musou fight can be dead hilarious due to its awkward and sometimes suggestive dialogues and even bad animation. Putting Zhang He aside (he is always the butt of ridicule), I was playing Liu Bei's musou mode and discovered some rather "disturbing" scenes. Here goes:

Prior to Changban:
Liu Bei was exclaiming why Cao Cao would want to hunt him down instead of Sun Quan when he has no territory to call his own. To this, Guan Yu and Zhuge Liang told him it was his leadership and dream that would unite people under him and it was the strength that Cao Cao feared the most. To this, they beckoned towards a gate that was slowly opening on its own.

And we saw a scene straight from Resident Evil. The zombies (I mean "peasants") were struggling and clamouring towards Liu Bei. But my mind went blank that instant and could not take Liu Bei's virtue seriously ever again.

Similarly in Liu Bei's musou end game video:
Liu Bei was wandering alone in the streets of his capital and enjoying the peaceful scene surrounding him. He then remarked to Zhao Yun that he felt more at ease surrounded by the peace on the streets than in the palace. Then scene turns towards the "zombies" wearing the same outfits and walking in the distinct zombie strut on the streets. Oh Liu Bei you necromancer, so that is really what virtue means.... :twisted:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Iain » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:12 am

I need to revisit DW6 again, unfortunately I wasnt happy with it when I first got it, I felt it was the weakest DW game up to that point and didnt care for what they did to some of my fav characters movesets. But reading some of whats being said about the game maybe I need to revise my opinion of it. ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby kiko94 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Beside DW6 , which DW were you talkiing about lady wu ? I never knew of such a game :?
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training