DW Music

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Music in DW games should be...

rockin' electric
75%
more traditional
25%

Total votes : 16

DW Music

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:59 pm

I have a specific intention in creating this thread. I'd like to know who composed the music in DW5:XL. Someone with the credits easily at hand, or maybe with a copy of the soundtrack handy, might be able to help me.

And, so the thread doesn't just exist for the purpose of sating my curiosity, let's open the discussion up a bit. What "style" of DW music do you find you prefer? I think DW3 mainly relied on rockin' electric guitar & beats, while DW4 featured something closer to traditional music with slower melodies, etc., while DW5 seems to float somewhere between the two. Which of these styles enhances the gameplay of this series for you?
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:23 am

ahha rtk and empires has a traitional feel to it while dw has rock. I actyually like both
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Adam » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:28 am

I prefer the more rock type music for the actual battles, but the traditional music works well in the menus.
So like Shadowlink I'd say both work in their own ways.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:22 am

Rock. That's very thing that keeps me hooked on DW series. If only SW2 had the same type of music.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lensman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 am

DEFINITELY ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DW3 had the best music of all DW releases and also in general IMO !!!!!!!!
lensman
Initiate

Unread postby Foif » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:38 am

Rock. But there was one song of Dynasty Warriors that i just absolutely LOVE. I still havent gotten it and im really dissapointed. But every time play DW5 Empires i select the song: Wei Chang Ban DW3: Chase the Wave.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:16 am

I dont like the sound of rock personally. Id prefer if DW let you upload your own music and place it certain categories, that way we can listen to our own music, categories for everything, e.g. Lu Bu appearance, Charge, Fire Attack whatever the music categories are.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Kustin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:33 am

I think they work well combined, like "Festival of evil" and "Dark Angel", don't you think? I still don't know what to vote for anyway, so vote for nothing is like voting for both.
I don't get proud when I finish my arts after all the hard work... until you like them. Why? Because I'm doing it for your sake.
Kustin
Sage

Unread postby Yun Shou » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:05 pm

The instances where Koei have melded the rock and traditional forms have always been my personal favourites. Like the Legend Ending theme in DW4 XL, for example. Wei's Wu Zhang theme from DW3 is particularly good also.
But my ultimate favourite is Shu's Yi Ling theme from DW5; Friggin' awesome. 8-)
Yun Shou
Academic

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Kustin wrote:I think they work well combined, like "Festival of evil" and "Dark Angel", don't you think? I still don't know what to vote for anyway, so vote for nothing is like voting for both.

Dark Angel is great and it particularly suits the level were I've heard it first - DW4 Lu Bu vs Sun Jian. Imo, it is a perfect theme for Lu Bu and better than his own theme. Eve, Dark Angel, In Full Blum and Avenging Battle are great.

Festival of Evil is more traditional in my view and may be that's why I don't like it much. But there is something there, something that draws your attention even if you don't like it.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training