Favourite DW Character..

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Favourite DW Character..

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:56 am

Ok the thread for Your Favourite Character seems to have evaporated off this forum so I'm going to make a new one!!

Who is your favourite Dynasty Warriors character??

I personally love Sun Shang Xiang!! She's (in my opinion) the ultimate of coolness!! She's the strong princess every girl (well just me) wants to be!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dragonus » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 pm

No kidding Sun Xia, I have been searching for this thread and was planning on remaking it myself but you beat me to it :).

My favorite Characters are:

Shu:Ma Chao, the sword of virtue I mean come on who doesn't like him.
Wu: Sun Jian or Gan Ning, both are amazing swordsmen and Sun Jian was in my opinion an amazing ruler(aside from him walking blindly into that trap) :oops: :oops:
Wei: Hands down would be Zhang Liao, one of the greatest fighters in that kingdom I mean he fought under Lu Bu and is a quite the challenge when fighting him on Chaos :twisted:
Unaligned: Zuo Ci, not because of his god like abilities, but his personality. This guy is crazy, he just toys with everyone in the game. Meng Huo would be my other favorite also because of the personality he is depicted with in the game. He is an oaf but on honest oaf. He works hard to protect his people and his wife and really wasn't expecting to be launched into this conflict until Wu/Shu moved to pacify them.
Tigers like me, are always searching for Chaos.
Dragonus
Master

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:07 pm

Ah, but who is your overall favourite Dragonus?
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dragonus » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Oh sorry, I kinda went above and beyond with that.....it would have to be....Ma Chao.
Tigers like me, are always searching for Chaos.
Dragonus
Master

Unread postby Meng You » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:43 pm

After playing Dynasty Warriors 5, XL and Empires for the last couple of days, here are my personal choices.

Shu: Guan Yu
Wei: Sima Yi
Wu: Ling Tong
Others: Lu Bu

They all share an amazing musou and crowd control. My overall favorite is Sima Yi. Not only because his musou is awesome but because most of his attacks are magical attacks so he's not required to go in melee much.
Meng You
Initiate

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:31 pm

This is a tough choice between Zhou Yu and Sun Jian they are my favorite characters. I guess I would have to say Sun Jian.

If I were to break it down into kingdoms it would look likew this.

Wu- Sun Jian
Wei- Xiahou Dun
Shu- Ma Chao
Other- Lu Bu
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GreatWarrior>XiahouDun » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:04 pm

Wei: Xiahou Dun
Shu: Wei Yan
Wu: Zhou Yu
Other: Lu Bu (not a huge fan, but I avoid Other characters when possible, and he's just the best)

My overall favourite is Xiahou Dun. Very fast, and very powerful. So awesome for cutting his way through crowds.
GreatWarrior>XiahouDun
Academic

Unread postby Tso Lan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Wei = Zhang He

He is a fast killing machine with claws. What more could you ask for? :D

Wu = Gan Ning

He is supposively a pirate, and man, this pirate can fight. He is speedy and his sword can do a nice amount of damage at times. I happen to like his out-of-control musou attack.

Shu = Ma Chao

Put this guy on a horse and he can kick butt! I find that his spear has a great length and can strike down any crowds easily. His musou isn't bad either.

Other = Dong Zhuo

He is definitely overlooked! If you thought his looks are frightening, his attack power can be very fearful at times. I also like his musou

Overall = Zhang He

:D :D :D
All hail Zhang He, Gan Ning, and Ma Chao
Tso Lan
Changshi

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:46 am

Xiahou Dun is my favourite character overall. He is easy to use, but once you've mastered him you can finish Chaos mode with initial stats and no items, though survivng Guan Yu and co at five passes is tough. His outfit is great, his voice and quotes are great. May be I have a bad sense of humour but "shut your mouth stupid kid" entertains me more than trying to figure out what Wei Yan is talking about.
Other. Lu Bu is Lu Bu. As somebody's said in topic about charges, all you need is Lu Bu's charge to finish Chaos mode. Great voice and possibly the best quotes of the game belongs to Lu Bu. He is the best storyteller in dw5. "Diao Chan asked me to kill Dong Zhuo...So I did. But then all his stupid followers got mad and I had to get out of the capital" - the voice actor deserves a nobel prize for such a masterpiece :wink:
Wu. I always liked Zhou Tai but my opinion's changed once I've heard "Lu Xun...so young". So my favourite one is Gan Ning. I have not completed Chaos with fresh Gan Ning but I strongly believe that it is possible. He is fast: his running speed is fast, his charge is fast and finally MUSOU. Gan Ning's personality of reckless pirate is great. His overconfidence is very different from that of Guan Yu. I like to fight against Gan Ning, because "like YOU can ever stop ME" or any other quote of the "Great Gan Ning" make me smile and don't annoy me. Gan Ning is the best example of the concept that a character funny to use does not need to be "hungry" or "beautiful".
Shu. The only characters I play from Shu are Huang Zhong, Zhang Fei and Wei Yan. Ma Chao may be a God on horse but I'm sick of listening to the lectures on justice. Huang Zhong is one of the few characters who can safely kill enemies from a distance. I've never tried Chaos with a no-items fresh Huang Zhong but I don't think it an easy task 'cause his arrows are useless on a mountain terrrain. Also he's too slow to fight in red. The personality of Huang Zhong is ok. His voice is good and quotes are ok though "we shall lead the way, everybody attack" sometimes annoys me but not as much as popular sayings of other Shu characters.

The last thing about all the characters that I mentioned is that they are worthy and interesting opponents to fight against and can be organized in a very good and efficient team in dw5xl (Lu Bu is out).
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sima-yi-rox » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:24 am

wei=sima yi
because I love his magic and his strategies are very smart.

wu=lu xun
because I think that having two swords is cool and he uses fire alot.

shu=huang zhong
because he has really cool bow and arrow skills and can clear crowds.

other=yuan shao
because he is a good commander and controls a massive army.

overall=sima yi (you can tell by my name)
12 year olds can play DW just as good as anyone else.
please tell me i'm mature WAAWAA
sima-yi-rox
Student

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training