Favourite DW Character..

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Favourite DW Character..

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 am

here is an update of my favorite characters as of dw7:

Shu-Ma Dai and Ma Chao
Wei-pretty much whole kingdom is amazing for me
Wu-Zhou Tai, Taishi Ci, Ding Feng,Ling Tong, Sun Quan
Jin-sima brothers
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

First:Is DW7 for sell? God, why didn't you tell me before?

Second:As for the preconception about ZGL 2 pages before, i think in DW5, he is one of the best officers to play and to kill crowds as they come: whey they are coming(usually they come five by five) just jump(calculate the distance between you and the enemy, not difficult, i promise) and press triangle. Like, he'll shoot about 10 beams from his fan in an horizontal line in the enemies. You will certainly kill all of them(if he isn't trained, you should do this 2 times to kill them). You can also change the directions of the beams, like the horizontal line being wider or give a 10 combo hit in just one person.

Third:Unfortunately, i haven't Lu Bu yet(kinda frustrating for me), but in DW5, he sure is good, but he appeals too much and this annoys me. It's too(very, very, very)easy to win, even in chaos mode.

Forth: About the brothers, this also happens with me :S, but is with my cousin, like, i can't take someone he would take because then he WILL cry.
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Antiochus » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 pm

In Dynasty Warriors 7, Xiahou Yuan left a surprinsingly strong impression on me. I like what they did with that particular character.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pancakes » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Everyone in Wei especially Cao Cao. :D And Gan Ning, Ma Chao and Zhao Yun.
Pancakes
Apprentice

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 am

I also now have to include Guo Huai and Deng Ai to my list. At first I was iffy about Guo Huai because I didn't care for him too much after reading the novel but I am in love with what they did with him in dw, he is super awesome!! I love Deng ai in the novel a ton but in dw at first he just seemed kind of plain but after the whole story was over he shone out to me much more so than at first. By the time the story was over every character in Jin had either died earlier or revolted, only leaving Sima Zhao, his wife, and the loyal officer Deng Ai.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tuo Xie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

My uncle tailored a Ma Chao costume for me back in the fourth grade.
My nickname was Sir Sparksalot for 'bout a week.
Kekeke, the funnies are upon me :P
Tuo Xie
Apprentice

Unread postby SapphireKirby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:15 am

Tuo Xie wrote:My uncle tailored a Ma Chao costume for me back in the fourth grade.
My nickname was Sir Sparksalot for 'bout a week.

Hello Sir Sparksalot.

I personally don't hate anyone, I just like some more than others. The ones I absolutely ADORE are:
Shu: Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei and Zhuge Liang.
Wei: Xiahou Yuan, Cao Cao.
Wu: Sun Jian, Sun Ce.
Jin: Sima Yi, (He's a riot.) Guo Huai, Deng Ai.
Other: Lu Bu, Meng Huo and Yuan Shao. (I still want my Yuan Shu.)

I prefer most of their DW5 personalities/designs, though.
"Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion." - Liu Bei's testament (Chapter 85, p. 1012)
SapphireKirby
Apprentice

Unread postby zhengchenggong » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Wei: Zhang He
Shu: Ma Chao
Wu: Gan Ning
Other: Lu Bu

Zhang He can kick butt sometimes. I think I like him more because of ROTK XI (I was having such a difficult time with Yuan Shao in the north, I employed him and decimated Yuan) than of DW, but after this ROTK incident I started playing with him in DW5 and found out how deadly he is. People say it's hard to juggle with his musou; well, tell it to my maxed out (level and stats), fourth weapon'd Zhang He! In Chaos I can almost one-musou KO an officer with it. The rest I take away with his jump charge.

Ma Chao and the Shadow Rider are soul twins, I think. They were completely made for each other. It's so cool to hop onto it and start bringing pain to the enemy! Although sometimes I play him with Red Hare, just to have a chance of playing with his ground moveset.

Gan Ning: no comments. The first character I maxed out, the first fourth weapon I got, the first 1000 KOs in one battle, the first battle untouched, the first battle on Chaos completed... He's just... awesome. I think that I would prefer eating s**t than taking one hit from his musou. In Empires, one time I was playing with him and found a Liu Chan (musou full for 60 sec.). Imagine a pirate running all around the battlefield, killing like 60+ enemies in one single musou, including 3 officers and taking a base.

Lu Bu, I don't have to say, do I? Oh... here we go, then. His C3 is death in form of a charge attack, his musou is SO cool, his C3 can perturb a survivor's mind (and a survivor to it is EXTREMELY rare), he looks like a roach, his C3 left me paralyzed the first time I saw it, his other charges (except C2) are all nice, his C3 is an invitation to heresy, his C1 leaves him invincible and, finally, his C3 is SO amazing. I think it's all... Oh, wait, I forgot about his C3! It's so powerful! Now, seriously, I like the way he's only loyal to one other person in the world, the most dangerous person in the world, with a deadly appearance and an instrument that has the sound of a fiddle... Diao Chan. He's completely loyal to the girl, if she says "jump in this lion's cage with fifty hungry and bloody lions", he does it and destroys them all with his C3...

Overall: Gan Ning (with Lu Bu coming very near and preparing a C3 to punish Gan Ning for being my favorite, and not him...)
zhengchenggong
Apprentice

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 pm

I dislike Shu, mainly because how they modelled them. Zhuge Liang is done well.

Sun Ce is witty and funny, but I don't like the way Zhou Yu was portrayed. I wanted the haughty and arrogant envious guy from the novels. Not the noble commander from history!

Cao Pi was good in Dynasty Warriors 5 but he sucks now.
Yuan Shao, Zhang Jiao, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Zhang Liao and Jia Xu as well as Zhuge Dan and Deng Ai are my favs.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GuoBia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 am

XD Aww, Zhou Yu? The guy deserves a break after all the crap he's been dragged through in pop culture lol. But mind you, I'll always imagine him as generally bitchy and angry. XD
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training