Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:49 pm

I loved the duels in DW4, it made things tougher and all that plus you could get someone down quickly without having to deal with all their soldiers hitting you!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:41 pm

I also want the duels back but with no time limit. How many of you managed to defeat Lu Bu in a duel at hu lao under 45 secs on hard? I hated that strange loss of morale after heroic fighting him to a draw.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

YA!

Unread postby hconew » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:22 am

put in liu zhang and liu biao!
hconew
Assistant

Unread postby zhang liao 12 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Gan_Ning17 wrote:the answer is simple...

Cao Hong for Wei
Ma Dai for Shu
Cheng Pu for Wu
Yan Liang and Wen Chou for "other"

i agree with other but for wei add cao xiu
shu liu chian
for wu NONE
other i add more for lu bu army and zhang jiao
i zhang liao will rip the heart out of wu and making a cups of tea
zhang liao 12
Banned

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:47 pm

zhang liao 12 wrote:
Gan_Ning17 wrote:the answer is simple...

Cao Hong for Wei
Ma Dai for Shu
Cheng Pu for Wu
Yan Liang and Wen Chou for "other"

i agree with other but for wei add cao xiu
shu liu chian
for wu NONE
other i add more for lu bu army and zhang jiao

Cao Xiu? Why him?

And of course Wu needs to get one more. It'd be pretty absurd IMO if Koei added Cao Xiu in the game before Cheng Pu.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Xui Sheke » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Heres a quick list of what I think that they should add,

* Duels
* Tuants
* At least 4 new (Other) officers
* Horse weapon deadlocks
* Air Weapon deadlocks
* V.s. mode
* 3 Wei officers
* 3 Shu officers
* 2 Wu officers
* New maps and battles ect... (EVEN FICTIONAL BATTLES)
* 5 new items
* Different charge attacks on horses
* A better encyclopedia (LIKE DW4)
* More challenge mode options
* Enhanced graphics

Okay mabe thats not so short but if you look at it from my prespective, it would make the game 60% better than it would be normally. Personnaly I don't care if it takes two full years for them to make it, as long as it's worth the money. Which DW5 almost was'nt... :lol:
Xui Sheke
Apprentice

Unread postby Huang Bob » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:06 pm

I was playing DW3 the other day, and there's omething about this game that just made it a classic. When my friend and I play 4 or 5 and we see so and so officer, we quote something from DW3 about that officer.

That something was the cheesiness of DW3. The voice actors were so silly it was awesome.

"Feel the power of my maaaagiiic"
"(Just about every Zhang Jiao quote)"
"Yuan Shu, you have decieved me!"

etc, etc.

I miss that. Now they have actors that try too hard and either suck bad or are just mediocre, and there's nothing memorable about it.

The difficulty level. DW5 blew at this. Hard wasn't that hard, and chaos was just ridiculously impossible. In DW3, Hard was Hard. You'd have a tough time completing the level, but you could still do it, not like in DW5's chaos (At least in my experience. Barely any health). I don't understand how they seemingly lose the difficulty levels of DW3. I suppose the difficulty was messed up with the weapon systems.

They could redo DW3 with better graphics for all I care, and I bet I'd love it more than 4 and 5 combined. They both had their moments, yes (Like DW4's Edit mode and DW5's......and DW4's Edit mode).

EDIT: A lot of you seem to be quite demanding. You all want something new, but only a few (I think) want to repair what's broken before something new is added.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Wo Long » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Huang Bob wrote:I was playing DW3 the other day, and there's omething about this game that just made it a classic. When my friend and I play 4 or 5 and we see so and so officer, we quote something from DW3 about that officer.

That something was the cheesiness of DW3. The voice actors were so silly it was awesome.

"Feel the power of my maaaagiiic"
"(Just about every Zhang Jiao quote)"
"Yuan Shu, you have decieved me!"

etc, etc.

I miss that. Now they have actors that try too hard and either suck bad or are just mediocre, and there's nothing memorable about it.

The difficulty level. DW5 blew at this. Hard wasn't that hard, and chaos was just ridiculously impossible. In DW3, Hard was Hard. You'd have a tough time completing the level, but you could still do it, not like in DW5's chaos (At least in my experience. Barely any health). I don't understand how they seemingly lose the difficulty levels of DW3. I suppose the difficulty was messed up with the weapon systems.

They could redo DW3 with better graphics for all I care, and I bet I'd love it more than 4 and 5 combined. They both had their moments, yes (Like DW4's Edit mode and DW5's......and DW4's Edit mode).

EDIT: A lot of you seem to be quite demanding. You all want something new, but only a few (I think) want to repair what's broken before something new is added.

Chaos isn't too tough either, depending on the difficulty. A maxed out Gan Ning on a 2 star, I made it through without getting scratched. But Wu Zhang Plains, I was a maxed out Ma Chao on Shadow Runner and I feared for my life. They need to fix the issues with the difficulty settings, I agree. But the problem is is that they can't jsut "fix" things and make a good game. I do agree that they should revert back to DW3 for the most part, but we still need more. More characters, levels, items, and features. Nothing huge, but versus, edit, and destiny are musts in order to keep this game going.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Xing » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:00 am

Well since Dynasty Warriors 6 is most likely to be out in the new gen systems, tons of characters should be added like the change from DW to DW2.

Well after seeing the ps3 Guan Yu demo, it seems the graphic would look pretty good.

Strategy is a must, like Destiny Mode in DW5:XL.

Bigger and more maps.

Goodness!! We need the game to past Wu Zhang Plains!!!

More storyline, I hope they would still have individual musous instead of bringing back Kingdom Musous from DW4. Because individual has more playing time and at least have 1 stage that everyone has that they can only be in musou mode.

Add more forces, more generic models and looks. Also have some npcs to have their own models like what they did in Samurai Warriors.

Characters.

Wei-
Yue Jin- One of the 5 generals in Wei, veteran of Cao Cao since the beginning. Also he's a frickin midget!!! That would totally sell!!! Would add to He Fei and Guan Du

Yu Jin- Again another 5 general of Wei, he could add the story of how Cao
Cao defeated the and too control of the Qing troops. Add alot to Fan Castle.

Deng Ai- Defeated Shu and is a rival to Jiang Wei, seriously we need him in this game, he can have a personality that can make Jiang Wei get pissed. He should also keep that hat from the Romance of The Three Kingdoms games.

Cao Hong- Veteran of Cao Cao and a good general, yeah yeah it sounds boring, but there is something he would add to. He killed an officer name HE MAN, yes HE MAN. He could add that stage to Dynasty Warriors. He also saved Cao Cao a few times. And he was the one who survived the longest out of all Cao Cao's veterans(Xiahou Brothers, Cao Ren, Yue Jin, Li Dian) who joined Cao Cao during the coalition.

Xiahou Mao- Son of Xiahou Dun and beated Zhao Yun when Zhuge Liang invaded. He's a cool character to add. But Koei hates him.

Li Dian- Calm officer, he's like the wise general. He can add to He Fei and I can never recall where he overreacts. He's a cool general. But he can be a Unique NPC.

Zhong Hui can be a unique npc, so can Hao Zhao or Yang Hu and Du Yu. Or Guo Hai and Cao Zhen.- They contributed greatly to defeating Shu and Wu.

Cao Rui should be playable or can be a unique npc. Sima Yan should be in too.

Jia Xu- Served Dong Zhu, Li Jue or Guo Si, one of them, Zhang Xiu and finally Cao Cao. He would have an interesting story and can add some Li Jue and Zhang Xiu stages.

Guo Jia can be a unique npc.

Shu- Hmm, sorry but I haven't done alot of reasearch about Shu.

Liu Chan- Last ruler of Shu and is also the wife of playable character Xing Cai, he even has his own cutscene in DW5. I really hope this guy is made to be a joke character, if he's strong I'm officially quitting DW.

Liao Hou(sps?)- Survived since Yellow Turbans till the fall of Shu, blah blah blah, he would better be off as a unique npc.

Wang Ping- Good general of Shu and contributed greatly after Wu Zhang Plains.

Fu Qian- General of Shu and can contribute alot past Wu Zhang Plains.

Ma Dai- Cousin of Ma Chao, killed Wei Yan, Yay, can have a stage where he quells Wei Yan's "supposedly" rebellion.

Huang Hao can be an unique npc and be a retarted idiot.

Guan Xing and Zhang Bao- Sons of Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, did alot during Zhuge Liang's campaigns. Can have a event or scene where they swore brotherhood and break hell in Yi Ling. They killed their share of generals, Zhang Bao can be the warrior one and battle ho guy and Zhang Bao would takes things more calmer than Xing.

Ma Su can be a unique npc, they should also show his execution!

Zhou Cang can be in.

Zhuge Liang's son can be a unique npc.

Xiahou Ba can be in here- Flees from the Simas and joins Shu, he can also adds that stage where he battles those Gongsun losers.
Yeah...

Wu-

Ding Feng- Old guy an a veteran of Wu, would contribute alot past Wu Zhang Plains. Defending against Wei and that. Shooting Zhang Liao in the GROIN, yes GROIN.

Cheng Pu and Han Dang can be unique npcs because they ain't that interesting but this Koei, they could give them personalities.

Zhu Ran- Another pyro for Wu!!!, Burn baby burn!! Did alot for Wu yeah but they can make him an unique npc.

Lu Kang- Defended against Wei and Jin, the Jiang Wei and Deng Ai for wu. Yeah.

Sun Hao is what I think the name is should be in.

Yeah...

Others!!-

Yuan Shao-
Wen Chou and Yan Liang are better off as npcs.

Yuan Shu- Should be a playable new leader, with Ji Ling a character or unique npc. His force color should definitely be pink.

Liu Biao- He should be a unique npc leader.

He Jin can be either a character or unique npc general, remember Humble the Rebels from Dw3, how can you not like him. Can be a rival to Zhang Jiao.

Ma Teng should have that look from the DW comics, with that russian hat.

Dong Zhou-
Li Ru and Hua Xiong can be unique npcs.

Lu Bu-
Gao Shun should be a unique npc yeah... Loyal general of Lu Bu.
Cao Xing should be playable!! He can add that stage where Hao Meng rebels and those 2 duel
Cheng Gong- blah blah

Liu Zhang-
Zhang Ren- I'm getting tired... unique npc

Sha Moke- unique npc.

Gongsun Zan should be playable and can have stages against Yuan Shao.

Gonsun Du should have a force and have as stage where his grandson? gets killed by Sima Yi.

Shan Yue, Wu Wan and Qiang tribe can have their own troops and stages.
But no playable characters.

Yeah...
Also more events!!

CAW(Create A Warrior) should be boosted alot, have own bios, own movesets, more costumes, like Soul Calibur's CAW. But this is Koei....

What else...

O ya versus..

Duels, yeah..
Cao Xing
Apprentice

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:17 am

They need to make a slot, like in DW4 i think? There will be a slot for each nation like if Yuan Shao, and Yuan Shu (there related he could be with him) they could be under the same kingdom. And Lu BU and the rest of the gang could be under him Lu Bu (or Dong Zhuo), same with everyone else.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training