Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:37 am

Basically, DW2-DW5 movesets held a lot of similarities, building on the former ones. It was just DW6 that decided to go wonky.

It looks like the DLC weapons are supposed to be based off of DW5 ones? At least some of them seem to be so.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Equinox » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I think the main problem with DW6 movesets is that they are not only similar, but lack true radial use. Only a handful of characters have useful moves that hit many enemies around them, or can clear some room if you are surrounded. Those that do, are often ponderously slow or have huge lag afterwards. Furthermore, anyone who has played this game on the hardest setting can attest to how quickly you (or the commander) can die if you slip up even a little.

Zhou Yu is my main weapon - and - item pickup guy. I use a powerful weapon with Berserk on it just to get enough damage in. The stage I get weapons on is the Wei side of He Fei Castle - I drop P2 in the water near where they start (careful - they can still die to arrows if you take too long), and I ride out to Sun Quan (preferably with a horse with Musou Spirit), swinging at all the soldiers as I ride past. Then, once there, I ride in circles until my Renbu is full, and once dismounted, I do his running T attack (with Ice element, this is really nice) and jump/evade through the crowd until I've got another to do. I activate Musou when I get caught and hit, and if I'm dying, I run and jump some more until I have bar, and burn Sun Quan as much as I can. Avoid the Volley and pick your fights, and you can do it too.

It's a real challenge, and I've gotten quite a few weapons like this for weaker characters.
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Starscream » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

Equinox wrote:Zhou Yu is my main weapon - and - item pickup guy. I use a powerful weapon with Berserk on it just to get enough damage in. The stage I get weapons on is the Wei side of He Fei Castle - I drop P2 in the water near where they start (careful - they can still die to arrows if you take too long), and I ride out to Sun Quan (preferably with a horse with Musou Spirit), swinging at all the soldiers as I ride past. Then, once there, I ride in circles until my Renbu is full, and once dismounted, I do his running T attack (with Ice element, this is really nice) and jump/evade through the crowd until I've got another to do. I activate Musou when I get caught and hit, and if I'm dying, I run and jump some more until I have bar, and burn Sun Quan as much as I can. Avoid the Volley and pick your fights, and you can do it too.

It's a real challenge, and I've gotten quite a few weapons like this for weaker characters.

I have a few suggestions that you may try to improve your Hefei run experience.

Parking player 2: Go straight (knock Zhuge Luo over), turn right, go straight to the complex where the burning machines are (exactly where Zhang Liao stands), climb the stairs and go straight all the way. This is a 100% safe parking lot. Edit: simply put, go to exactly where Cao Pi is standing.

Renbu issue: When you board the ship after charging pass Zhu Ran and Yu Fan, turn right, enter the second ship and turn sharply to the left. There should be a pot to max out your Renbu, HP and Musou bar.

For clearing Hefei Castle, I recommend 2 horses, the Auburn King or the Ebon King. Both are equally effective against crowds. Auburn ensures that you do not rear up and stop in the middle of the crowd. Ebon knocks mobs away dead (except for Chaos mode).

If you use Zhou Yu, pin point where Sun Quan is standing, dismount and activate tome and musou at the same time in his face. Zhou Yu is perfectly capable of killing Sun Quan in 3-6 seconds if you hit the bulls-eye. This is due to his shadow skill.

Other characters that I recommend are: Zhang Fei, Guan Ping, Zhuge Liang (he is one character that can beat Chaos mode without dismounting from the horse), Huang Yueying, Zhang Liao, Zhen Ji and Yuan Shao for farming weapons. Not all characters are built for Master or Chaos run. Like Guan Yu, for example, at level 50 in my saved game, he has 10000+ ko hits (most other characters have only 5000+ ko hits at that level) but he is a complete non-performer versus Sun Quan due to his speed and non-pin-point style of combat.
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby GuoBia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 pm

My biggest gripe with the game is that it gets progressively easier.

That's just wrong. : ( Nearly conquer China, waiting for a big climatic memorable battle and oops, it's over in two minutes. It gets boring when you get too strong. I guess it's because the enemy never gets stronger.
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training