Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

well in my opinion most charactors lost alot of thier usefulness while only afew not only kept thier usefulness, but became more broken then lu bu.

ever played an dynasty warrior where Huang Gai, wei yan, dong zhuo, and Xu Zhu had the same moveset?

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warr ... n_Movesets

this sums up why i hated playing the game

THEN WE GOT

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_6

which an huge change that i hated was that not everyone got an musou mode

so my favorites like Xu Huang, xiahou yuan, and sun quan, can't even play in an musou mode
Ding Feng/Sun Shang Xiang is my new one true crack pairing XD (thank you ROT3KXI)
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh! So you can't play with them in musou mode? That's bad.

Hi guys! Welcome to "Good or Bad Game?"! please enjoy this edition! :mrgreen:

Well, i ended buying Dynasty Warriors 6, and for my surprise i saw a great difference between DW6 and DW5, together with some good or bad points of the game:

*Well, the graphics are very different, more real than in DW5;
*The characters changed their weapons and a lot of them have the same moveset, that is a little frustrating;
*The preparation before the battle is a lot more complicated than before, with a list of the bases too. I loved it! Now it's good game(gg) 2x1 bad game (bg).

Until here the game doesn't seems so great and marvelous, but not horrible too.So the battle comes:

*When there are a lot of soldiers in space you are, a huge lag happens, thinking that the enemy casted 'slow' on you and on the entire game. gg 2x2 bg.
*The attacks aren't so bad, but not perfect. It don't have a different charge attack for each 'square' you press, so it is kinda frustrating doing the same charge attack all the times. gg 2x3 bg.
*In the musou attack, your character(as the same as a lot more) do the same square attack, with a little 'creative' attacks in the end, that hits everybody.I will declare this a draw point, that means a point to the two characteristics. gg 3x4 bg.
*I liked a lot that the enemy is stronger too, then, you will lose some times before you win that battle. This transforms the game into a little more exciting. gg 4x4 bg.

Well, well, if it isn't a draw. Now here goes the after-battle:

*Hum, i only have to say that is a good thing that you do the targets in the battle, because then you will receive a lot more exp than the usual and get a lot more exp. gg 5x4 bg.
*Ah! Your horse also levels up! I liked this change in the Dynasty Warriors 6. Don't know if it's good to you guys of the forum, though. Draw point. gg 6x5 bg.

Now, to see if it is a really good game, let's see the overall features:

*Some characters don't have a musou mode game. gg 6x6 bg.
*Don't have the itens to help you a little in battle. Well, it's good in a point: your character doesn't become an artificial good person, and this transforms he/she in a bit more... 'real'. gg 7x6 bg
*Now! The skill board! I liked it because you can choose how to upgrade your character, increasing more defense or attack, but perphaps you could increase your stats little by little all of your skills, or increase them after you obtained all the others... Draw point. gg 8x7 bg.

Here ends my "Good or Bad Game?" today! Today, i have to say that Dynasty Warriors 6 is a good game to play! Some day, in another thread, i shall make the second edition! Hope you liked it! Now, you can post your opinions and even find more differences, good or bad things in the game to help this post! :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Forum Masters: Please, don't banish me from the forum. All that i did was tell them the bad and good points of the game, if someone would like to buy it and play. So i say again: please, don't misunderstand my post.

Ah! One more thing: sorry for the long post, i got so excited to write this after playing 5 battles in the legend of Zhao Yun that i might have said something wrong. Please contact me if you don't like some things by POSTING HERE.

Thanks!
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Adam » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 pm

*When there are a lot of soldiers in space you are, a huge lag happens, thinking that the enemy casted 'slow' on you and on the entire game.

Another thing I remember happening a lot was many of the enemy soldiers would disappear...it's apparently less intense in the PS3 and 360 versions since they're newer consoles but it's still pretty prevalent.

Edit: Think I might do some playthroughs of the game to get me interested in DW7 (or less interested depending on how frustrated I get).
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Oh yeah, i forgot this. I'm killing the eninies but then, all of a sudden, they disappear... i think that something need to be do before i win the stage.

And for the firsts posts, unfortunately, no new playable officers to us, but a little less than in DW5...
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:51 am

Can you tell me why some characters have worse moveset than in DW5? Do you think they wanted to realize more the game by doing this?
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am

Well, that's more of a personal opinion. I have to agree that many characters have been ruined in their movesets in comparison to DW5 (like Ma Chao), though some (such as in the case of Cao Pi) were boosted to reach a new level of playablity. DW6 was a whole new step in the DW series' development, a huge jump to completely flop over the old and bring in a new system. I can only assume that KOEi wanted to put in some freshness to the characters and made some positive and negative changes in the character traits in a more risky attempt than before. Hopefully they fixed that a fair bit in the recent release.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Hum, i understand, but do you know if DW7 will be the same as DW6?
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:03 am

Unfortunately, I don't have DW7. If you find it too risky to purchase the game because of crappy movesets, then wait a bit and look at the videos. That's what I'm doing.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Appear that Dw7 moveset for most of characters will be near the ones in Dw5.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm

If it's going to be like DW5, i hope the movesets will be good then, because the movesets of them in DW5 was really good, i think. Can i hear your opinions?
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training