Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:33 am

Guan Lu wrote:Other: Well since Zuo Ci was put in, I believe more people of that type should be put in such as Guan Lu. Either him or Liu Zhang.

Liu Zhang would be apart of Shu since, he is a relatice to Liu Bei and Liu Bei conquers Shu, and he is the former owner of Shu.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:57 am

Hmm, I'd say Liu Zhang stays in the "Other" category. He never really was with Liu Bei's version of Shu...in fact he joined Wei after he lost power in Shu, am I right? Not sure about the timeframe there.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Well then Liu Zhang goes in Wei then because you said it yourself, he goes to Wei, and look at Zhang Liao, he didn't start out in wei, other yes, but Wei, he went to Wei, and joined their ranks.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby e. largo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:42 pm

i want their to be unique NPC's in that game.
e. largo
Tyro

Unread postby ZTR » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:47 pm

The only NPC i dont want is Cheng Pu
ZTR
Apprentice

Unread postby serenerage » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:13 pm

ZTR why do you hate Cheng Pu so much?
serenerage
Tyro

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 pm

Cheng Pu is kinda over rated. Everyone says they would have rather had him usable then Ling Tong, what was he so good at other then being a general of Wu, he may have perticipated in more battles, but, Ling Tong just had the more intresting story.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:51 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:Cheng Pu is kinda over rated. Everyone says they would have rather had him usable then Ling Tong, what was he so good at other then being a general of Wu, he may have perticipated in more battles, but, Ling Tong just had the more intresting story.

Cheng Pu's story is no less interesting than Xiahou Dun's, or Xu Huang's. He deserves to be in the game not because he had an interesting life, but simply because he was one of the bigger names in the three kingdoms era. In fact, given the ambiguity of Cheng Pu's life, Koei can take him in whatever direction they wish, just to maintain variety.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Wo Long » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:24 am

Kongming's Prodigy wrote:
TheRealWolfman wrote:Cheng Pu is kinda over rated. Everyone says they would have rather had him usable then Ling Tong, what was he so good at other then being a general of Wu, he may have perticipated in more battles, but, Ling Tong just had the more intresting story.

Cheng Pu's story is no less interesting than Xiahou Dun's, or Xu Huang's. He deserves to be in the game not because he had an interesting life, but simply because he was one of the bigger names in the three kingdoms era. In fact, given the ambiguity of Cheng Pu's life, Koei can take him in whatever direction they wish, just to maintain variety.

Actually, I think they're leaving him out because of his weapon. All of the fans wanted to see his snake-spear, but that'd make him like Zhang Fei. I think that's why they chose to add in Guan Ping and Xing Cai over the more favoriable Guan Xing and Zhang Bao. They had a cooler story and were better warriors. But because their weapons would be the same as Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, I think they decided against it. Though with Cheng Pu, they could change it a bit and give him a unique moveset since they still have Zhang Liao who used a guan dao.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:47 am

Koei have never been accurate with their weapons. Dian Wei is supposed to wield dual halbreds, but his got a axe instead. Heck Liu Bei is supposed to use dual swords, but instead his using one.

I'd really like them to set some stages in the later period of the three kingdoms, especially some Deng Ai v Jiang Wei battles and the battle of Xincheng with Zhuge Ke and Ding Feng. Heres the list of stuff i wanna see:

- lets have some unique NPC's. Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shu should not be another run of the mill generic.
- a better morale system. Something along the lines of DW3.
- the return of big maps with lots of open spaces for big army engagements. I'm bored of DW4 and 5 type maps where its just whirling pathways and corridors. Lets have maps make sense. Supply bases should be behind the main base, not ahead of it (i.e DW5 guandu stage)
- Strategy, like DW5 empires i wanna control the movement of my troops. And generals should have 'troop abilities', like Cao Cao's troops could move twice as fast or Liu Bei's peasant soldiers have more attack and defence etc, something that'd make encountering generals troops a unique experience. Lets throw in some ambushes as well. Have the ability to hide your troops in forests or mountain paths where they can ambush an army. Just to make it more strategical, have a set time limit where the army can remain hidden at one spot. So say you could only place one group of troops in hiding place x for 2 minutes before they became visible to the enemy.
- lets make seiges more epic, not just a matter of killing the gate captain and opening the gates. Lets have seige machines, troops scaling walls, archers firing into your troops and so on.
- customisable generals and weapons. Unlock stuff like costumes, but also control the stat growth for my generals, not just in stuff like attack, defence but also stuff like reach, arrow defence, spd etc. For weapons lets give players the ability to 'imbue' stats and elements on weapons for some increased diversity.
- and on the subject of generals, if Deng Ai doesnt appear in the next game, i'd gonna be really pissed off at Koei.
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training