the best other officer

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

best other officer

yan liang
12%
wen chou
12%
yuan shu
15%
other yuan (plz name)
6%
other (plz name)
56%

Total votes : 34

Unread postby zhang liao 12 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 am

Yuan Seth wrote:
In the novel, Yuan Shao said that if he had either Yan Liang or Wen Chou with him at Hu Lao Guan, he would have no more worries. Yan Liang and Wen Chou were undoubtedly stronger than Hua Xiong.

Historically, during the Battle of Baima, Yan Liang killed Cao Cao's officers Wei Xu and Song Xian with ease and even made Xu Huang retreat. Cheng Yu recommended that Cao Cao call for Guan Yu to kill Yan Liang. Then when Yan Liang was sitting on a chariot under the army standard, and then Guan Yu jumped on Red Hare and raced forward and killed Yan Liang. So basically Yan Liang was caught off guard when he was killed.

As for Wen Chou's bad heart, I don't think that rumor was true. What happened is that when Wen Chou went with his men to break Cao Cao's lines, Cao Cao wheeled around his troops and placed his supplies in front. This distracted his men because they then started to loot. Wen Chou then started to retreat but was cut down by Guan Yu.. because his horse was faster.

Just thought I'd answer your question. :D
well yes but if it guan yu was not there cao cao would have a relly hard fight good thing guan yu dies any way i am confuss now with hua xiong did yan laing kill him or guan yu????? :?: :?: and how do yuan shu get kill by? btw it hu lao gate
i zhang liao will rip the heart out of wu and making a cups of tea
zhang liao 12
Banned

Unread postby zhang liao 12 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:03 pm

sorry for posting again but is anyone think that any yuan are good
zhang liao 12
Banned

Unread postby Roy » Wed May 10, 2006 10:37 pm

I belive Yuan shu is one of the best other officers.
Roy
Changshi

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Thu May 11, 2006 9:27 am

Hua Xiong I have to say, as many other people have mentioned due to his skill and bravery against officers of Yuan Shao. He would be an interesting character to use as he does have a roll in each of the games, in the campaign at Si Shui Gate he always came across a mighty warrior who Yuan Shao wishes you to defeat.

So it would have to be Hua Xiong, do any of of you think that other Nanman Officers or Yellow Turbun Officers should be included?
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu May 11, 2006 9:34 am

No more Nanman officers. None of them have sufficient backstory. The one with the best case to be made for him is Wu Tugu, but only because of his rattan armour, which could make him look cool/original.

As far as Yellow Turbans, I think the only YTs that should be added are guys that could play a role through the rest of the game without too much contrivance. My first pick for this would be Zhou Cang, because he has an original portrayal as Guan Yu's side-kick, could have a unique appearance, and would be easy to create a different storyline for. A popular choice is Liao Hua because he stuck around in Shu for so long. He makes sense, but I would prefer Zhou Cang over him, just because Liao Hua seems like more of a background guy, and there's not as much information about some of the characteristics that could make him really unique.

I want to say He Man, but not even I can justify that with a straight face.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby zhang liao 12 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:48 am

howcome no1 p9ck the other yuan like shang ect
zhang liao 12
Banned

Unread postby Lafeel » Thu May 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Maybe because not one of the Yuan's was even a half decent warrior?

As for me, it has to be either Wen Yan (if he counts), or Hua Xiong, if he does not.
Kong Wen wrote:I want to say He Man, but not even I can justify that with a straight face.

Maybe if he had more than one line, and one paragraph, in the entire novel..If this was "who has the funniest name in the novel?", on the other hand..
Lafeel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Thu May 11, 2006 7:46 pm

Lafeel wrote:Maybe because not one of the Yuan's was even a half decent warrior?

As for me, it has to be either Wen Yan (if he counts), or Hua Xiong, if he does not.
Kong Wen wrote:I want to say He Man, but not even I can justify that with a straight face.

Maybe if he had more than one line, and one paragraph, in the entire novel..If this was "who has the funniest name in the novel?", on the other hand..

Got to admit the He Man is up there with Cao Pi for names. How about Dong Zhou's forces who would you choose other than Hua Xiaong.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 pm

Lafeel wrote:Maybe because not one of the Yuan's was even a half decent warrior?

Yuan Shang defeated Shi Huan in personal combat! Then he went three rounds with Zhang Liao before retreating. And he has a funny moustache.

I agree that the ravenous demands for new characters seems to be diluting the "entrance requirements" as a playable character in the game, though. I think a character should either: a) have had a major impact on the story or b) be a monstrous fighter to justify a minor role in the story translating into a spot in a fighting game.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Kustin » Fri May 12, 2006 10:12 am

The master of the universe! He Man!! :lol:
I don't get proud when I finish my arts after all the hard work... until you like them. Why? Because I'm doing it for your sake.
Kustin
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training