Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires?

Yes
78%
No
5%
Maybe
7%
Unsure…
11%

Total votes : 152

Re: Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires Discussion Thread

Unread postby Cao Bao » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:54 pm

When the player picks Shu, all his characters stats are reduced to normal levels. The gods of yesteryear become mere mortals again.

I think they should have at least given Wei and Wu one ridiculously powered up character each. Mayhap Gan Ning and Zhang Liao?
Cao Bao
Apprentice

Unread postby HERRETIX » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 pm

anyone else annoyed that as soon as one of your officers starts combat with a base or enemy officer they're instantly struggling.
The battlefield system of DW5:E just feels too much like it never left the beta stages to me.
Apart from that i love being able to customize a new ultimate weapon for my characters.
Hope is for cancer patients. I'll make my own good luck thank you.
HERRETIX
Tyro

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 am

OK, I'm, uh, getting this game soon. New to the Empires thing, any suggestions for the newb? :lol:
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sean » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 am

Stallion Fury wrote:OK, I'm, uh, getting this game soon. New to the Empires thing, any suggestions for the newb? :lol:

I can tell you a lot about how DW4:E was, since that's the only Empires game I've touched upon. From what I've seen though, DW5:E is another "pick an officer, get randomly assigned more officers, then conquer China one block of land at a time".
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 am

Not quite Sean.

OK Stalion the basic's are you pick a kingdom from the YT period. After that you can use ay officers you've 'had' in the Gathering of Hero's scenerio where you pick a custom kingdom. That is: A city, A Ruler, 2 officers (generally Characters) 3 Sub officers (generic officers). Note the big difference between this and 4:E is that you pick your whole kingdom not just your ruler. Then when you complete the YT scenerio you unlock Dong Zhou Scenerio etc. However I generally just stuck the The Gathering of Hero's.

So important factors. Picking a kingdom. You want at least one charcter cos fighting as a generic is tough. I'd want two as its nice to have one other character who can do a little damage. Also look at the items made in the place. I normally take Sun Jian's kingdom cos you have him and Huang Gai with Sun Suhang Xiang, Sun Ce and Sun Quan joining later amongst many others but I would imagine Liu Bei and Cao Cao have the same. Liu Bei is probably the best kingdom with him, Guan Yu & Zhang Fei and then Jian Yong. Next point, better to use one character who you train up the whole way through. Or use your W5 stats so all characters are already good. I found that a bit boring though. Hope you have fun, good luck! :D
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:44 am

This game is probably my favorite in the world !!! The biggest problem with it to me, is that HARD is too easy and CHAOS is too hard. There's no middle ground. If it was more customizable, that would solve the problem. For instance, in NBA Live you can edit anybody's stats to what ever you want. If you see fit to have Shaq shooting 3's, just edit his abillities and change his 3's rating to 99. Now if I were able to edit every charaters Life, Musou, Attack, Defence, and Level to whatever I wanted it, that would go a long ways in making the game have a middle ground of difficulty. And since Lu Bu, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei seem to be in perpetual musou rage when the CPU is playing them; if I could give that abillity to who ever I wished, that would help a lot too. I would make almost all charaters have the rage in them, and then play the game on HARD. Then I would still win most of the time, but not always win. In a sports game, it's only fun if I win around 65% - 90% percent of the time. No fun to always win; no fun to always loose. Making DW Empires more customizable would accomplish that.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Turk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:22 pm

There some critical bugs in this game.

For example; Let's say the land divided between three between Meng Huo, you and Cao Cao who has 3/4 of all regions. It seems impossible to defeating Cao Cao in normal ways. Just offer him an alliance(he will always accept,another bug) and wait until Meng Huo attacking them. Cao Cao will ask help so you will send an officer and once your man get knock out you won't lose anything but Cao Cao will lose the region.
Turk
Apprentice

Unread postby zhuge_ren » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

i wanted a game where you combine rotk and dynasty warriors
and there you have it
pretty good i'd think, the strategy's a bit lame though :roll:
sigless
zhuge_ren
Tyro

Unread postby LOCO » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Hey how do we get the recruit card for personnel??
LOCO
Tyro

Unread postby Cao Bao » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 pm

I see a few complaints about the game, and I love complaining so I'll toss in my two cents.

*clears throat and begins Seinfeld voice*

What is the deal with enemy bases? If fresh guard captains are within 100 yards of the base, you can't conquer it without beating them first... and when you do, enemy generals always arrive to save it as well, regardless of how far they were from the base they just magically always appear.

Why is it that I only die when there is less than a minute left on the clock? Is the game set up to become more difficult at that point, is Koei trying to waste my time and frustrate me to the point of not wanting to play anymore? If so, you fail Koei, I'm still playing.

Why did they feel the need to make the cpu attack you 9 out of 10 turns? Is the game not monotonous enough already?
Cao Bao
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training