Most Wanted: New Other-Kingdom Character in Future DW Games!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Most Desired Other Character

Emperor Yuan Shu (possibly with other added generals)
27%
Hua Xiong
11%
Li Jue
1%
Wu Tugu
3%
Gao Shun
8%
Wen Chou or Yan Liang
15%
Another Yellow Turban
3%
Another Han general
7%
Shamoke
5%
Ji Ling
1%
Other (Please Explain)
13%
Ma Teng
7%

Total votes : 195

Most Wanted: New Other-Kingdom Character in Future DW Games!

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:03 am

Alright the final topic in this 'set.' Basically if Koei added a new other warrior who should they put in the roster? Why? I've heard many arguments about why Hua Xiong, Li Jue, etc. should be in the game but when it comes down to it Dong Zhou's force is already ridiculously overpowered. Nevertheless those still seem like good choices although I really want Gonglu and his general Ji Ling in the next game because I think that Yuan Shu's one of the few really unique characters in the game. (Not stalwart, honorable or whatever, just greedy as hell and foolish. Yeah!) Plus Ji Ling gets that cool Trident Sword and he's one of the few 'Other' characters to be featured in a ROTK X animated event(Seriously think about it...he might be the only 'other' character featured in one that has not been added to Dynasty Warriors). Let's see...Wen Chou, Yan Liang and so on and so forth have had arguments why they should be added and of course a new female character could possibly be implemented. Some people in the past even said Wu Tugu might be a good choice and I'm almost willing to agree since Koei could give him a unique weapon and that awesome rattan armour (He could have the best defense in the game or something). But when it comes down to it for me-Yuan Shu & Ji Ling. I just cannot choose! After playing Dynasty Warriors Budokai Tenkaichi I discovered that Mercenary Tao in the True World Tournament Gate has exactly the look and personality that I thought Yuan Shu should have...(crafty, villainous, spiteful, overly confident, etc. Plus his garments are a good match, etc.)

Kong Edit: For the other entries in this series, use these links:
Shu Characters
Wei Characters
Wu Characters
Other Characters
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:08 am

Of those you put up, a Yuan general like Yan Liang. Other than that, I still say Wang Ping.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:14 am

Mistelten wrote:Of those you put up, a Yuan general like Yan Liang. Other than that, I still say Wang Ping.

I thought Wang Ping served Wei and then defected to Shu. Which other warlord did he serve? Or am I thinking of a different Wang Ping? I think also that another Shao general could be added, however it would be better if it was somebody who served a few lords (Example: If they wanted to put in a new Lu Bu officer I recommend Zang Ba rather than Gao Shun). Wen Chou would be fine though. But really I want the Emperor more than anything. (And his trusty, loyal, brave sidekick Ji Ling)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 am

Mistelten wrote:Of those you put up, a Yuan general like Yan Liang. Other than that, I still say Wang Ping.

Wang Ping would be a Shu general, rather than an Other general, wouldn't he?

I have a hard time coming up with a clear winner for an Other general. I wouldn't mind a general for Yuan Shao, but that's just because I like Yuan Shao (which isn't the best reason). A Han general like Huangfu Song might be interesting, given the number of pre-Three Kingdoms battles are in the game. Would have to be someone other than He Jin though, because he's the main dude in too many battles, and I think he's boring.

Emperor Xian might be an interesting Other general. Every one of his battles could be escape battles (like Chang Ban and Escape from Chi Bi). :twisted:
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lu_Bu1215 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:42 am

I put another Yellow Turban. Either of the Zhang's (Bao and Liang) or maybe Zhang Man Cheng or Bo Zhang (I think that's his name). Also for some reason I'd like to see He Yi too.
Whoooosh.
Lu_Bu1215
Student

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:54 am

Hehe yeah Emperor Xian would be a funny character. I can so imagine him acting all brave and then charging forth only to run away like a sissy with his tail between his legs in all of his cutscenes. They could also give him a ridiculously weak weapon but make him really fast just for fun or something. The main reason why I don't think a new Turban general is needed is because they could just add somebody like Zhou Cang or Liao Hua to fight in a few Turban levels on the side against the Han. Either one of the above (I prefer Liao Hua) could be interesting characters with great cutscenes in the Turban Levels.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:39 am

Okay shame on me then. I didn't see that Other meant fourth party forces. In that case Yan Liang/Wen Chou all the way.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:44 am

I would like to see Yuan Shu because you could fight against Lu Bu, Liu Bei, Sun Ce before he died, and of course Cao Cao. Who knows even Yuan Shao which would be werid.
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:43 am

DynastyWarriors6 wrote:I would like to see Yuan Shu because you could fight against Lu Bu, Liu Bei, Sun Ce before he died, and of course Cao Cao. Who knows even Yuan Shao which would be werid.

Yay another Yuan Shu person. Yuan Shu indeed fought against Yuan Shao, along with every single one of the other warlords you listed. He allied with Gongsun Zan for a time and Sun Jian served as one of his best generals. Of his battles either Yangcheng or at least a battle around that area plus his defensive stand at Shouchun seem most notable. He also became one of the main "heads" leading the anti-Dong Zhou coalition. He and his brother Shao never really got along. Shao appeared more like the brave noble knight charging off into battle type while Shu acted more like a wimp at times it seems :lol: . Nevertheless neither brother felt afraid to openly and hostilly challenge the other. Following the disintegration of the anti-Dong Zhou coalition Yuan Shu insulted Yuan Shao and his honor saying things like "Yuan Shao is the family slave" to the amusement of other major warlords. Yuan Shao was pissed and it started a huge war up in the Northeast which at first Yuan Shu won many victories but then ended up retreating with the majority of his force to the South.

As we all know he still played an important role in politics yet now his power slightly diminished. At this point he fought just about everybody and was one of the first people (if not the first) to openly turn down Lu Bu into service because, despite the fact that he fought against Dong Zhou, he somewhat respected the warlord and thought it extremely dishonorable for Lu Bu to slay him for whatever reason. Later Lu Bu betrayed Yuan Shu several times. (Not that I dislike Lu Bu, I'm just mentioning it) Sun Ce turned against Yuan Shu as well and at some point he basically brawled with most other sovereigns except those sexy Nanmen (and Nanwomen :wink: ).
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby zhangliao100 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:40 am

wow a hard one there are so many i want added

but i have to say yuan shu is the one i want most

or as i say one shoe :lol:
im back

again
zhangliao100
Master

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training