Most Wanted: New Wei Character in Future DW Games!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Most Desired Wei Character

Deng Ai
37%
Li Dian
6%
Wang Shuang
1%
Xiahou Ba
1%
Zang Ba
3%
Yu Jin
6%
Yue Jin
8%
One of the missing Caos (Example: Cao Hong, Blonde-Beard)
10%
A new strategist (Example: Jia Xu, Guo Jia)
26%
Other (Please Explain)
3%

Total votes : 185

Most Wanted: New Wei Character in Future DW Games!

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:41 am

Alright then I'll go ahead and make the second poll and final poll in this set but I shall start with a Wei one. Which Wei character do you want? I listed my choice somewhere else...basically I want Jia Xu with the aforementioned Cobra Cane (See Fleshing Out New Officers/Stages) topic. Guo Jia simply never cut it for me and furthermore he died before Chi Bi anyways. Jia Xu lived up until the Southeast Wu invasion and previously served Dong Zhou, Zhang Xiu and Li Jue/Guo Si. Besides him there are many others I consider interesting characters. Meng Da for instance appears as a good choice and so do either Yu Jin or Yue Jin, although I'm not particular on either of them. Other than Jia Xu the one character I want, after reading Sam's bio, is Wang Shuang, especially since Koei could definitely give him one unique weapon or another, either something big like a club and throwing hammers or his traditional gigantic sword with the same ranged and combo tool. He would wear gold armour. (I'm thinking of something like Don Krieg from One Piece: Grand Battle for him...)

Kong Edit: For the other entries in this series, use these links:
Shu Characters
Wei Characters
Wu Characters
Other Characters
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:52 am

Deng Ai without question. He's a fully fleshed-out character in the novel, and between Sima Yi and Jiang Wei, there's a ton of potential for storylines for him. He could also help flesh out late-era Wei stages and help them get rid of some people who don't belong there.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:37 am

I would like to see both Yu Jin and Yue Jin.
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ts'aoist » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:12 am

The more Ts'aos the better.
I think the best Ts'ao to add would be Ts'ao Chang.
He's way better than that other pansy son of The Man they added last time.
Plus he has a blond beard, so he has a ready-to-serve unique appearance.
The ancient adepts of Wei were subtle and flexible, profound and comprehensive.
Their minds were too deep to be fathomed.
Ts'ao Te Ching, Ch. 15
Ts'aoist
Master

Unread postby Blackest Waltz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:01 am

Jia Xu for sure. He is such an intresting character, being around early Cao era as an enemy. And even being invited to join Cao Cao then refusing! Very nice indeed.

Also, I would like to see the next line of ruler too. Cao Rui would be quite an intresting charaacter, I feel, and it could help create a bit more life for post Cao Cao Wei.
The Empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide.
Blackest Waltz
Student

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:14 am

Wei, being the largest faction of the Three Kingdoms, always had the most potential for good new characters (perhaps the second most if you count 'Other'). Many talented people like Jia Xu, Deng Ai, Wang Shuang, etc. all sound like good additions to me and I really cannot instantly pick a candidate that shines above the rest like the other poll, although the ones I listed above all sound tempting as I feel that either one of them might get interesting stories, character interactions and so on and so forth. In particular I wanted Deng Ai for a long time although Jia Xu and Wang Shuang recently appealed to me. I think nearly everybody who read the book hoped for Deng Ai even way back when Dynasty Warriors 3 came out or possibly before. I also though at the beginning to add Cao Rui to the poll but later I just changed it to cover a broader subject; any member of the Caos.

Ah yes Cao Zhang...or Ts'ao Chang as you pronounced his name. I meant to actually put Blonde Beard Cao Zhang but I modified the next option and forgot when I made the poll so I ended up putting (Example: Hong, Blonde-Beard) lol instead of his name. But the description gives a good idea of why he might make an interesting new character, mainly because of his deeds as a man-of-war and due to the blonde beard. If Koei decides not to implement the blonde-beard they might at least consider making his hair that color or something. In any case yeah he's a good choice if they add another Cao. So is Cao Rui who I think ruled fairly well. When I think of Cao Rui I imagine a short man with a commanding aura. (Dare I say what Freud called a Napoleonic Complex? Although I hate that term because Napoleon actually stood at the average height for a Frenchman.) Furthermore that's just my opinion on his look and I doubt Koei shall add him like that. I used to like Yue Jin and on the character test of the last Romance game it said I was most like Yu Jin however now I sort of think they might not make such good Dynasty Warriors characters. But yeah I don't think I'll vote until someone makes a really good compelling argument for one warrior, strategist, leader or another.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tiger of Jiang Dong » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:31 am

Li Dian, I just think he's due.
Force my opinion with volume/
(smooth), not what I am/
(rough!), 'cause I'm a man/
no matter what the name, you're all the same,
pieces, in one big chess game/
- Chuck D of Public Enemy
Tiger of Jiang Dong
Tyro

Unread postby zhangliao100 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:35 am

i say new strategist

second choice is another cao
im back

again
zhangliao100
Master

Unread postby The Amazing Mi Heng » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:13 am

Deng Ai: He deserves it. Jiang Wei is there, and as somebody on these forums once said "Why have the owned and not the owner?"

Or something to that effect.
"Should one not cry out when one enters a coffin?"-Mi Heng to Xun Yu
Also answers to: LichLord, Lord Doomhammer, Lord Schicksalhammer.
The Amazing Mi Heng
Assistant

Unread postby Sam » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:39 pm

Deng Ai certainly deserves it the most, with an already fleshed out Musou mode ready for him and a vast amount of possibilities that could add a lot to the Dynasty Warriors series as a whole. Other than him, I'd go for Li Dian, Cao Hong, or Yue Jin (in that order), all of whom for being big characters in the novel who stand out in various battles and events.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training