Your Favorite Strategist.

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Who is your favorite non-generic strategist?

Zhuge "Fire Attack" Liang
26%
Sima "I can be cool like Kongming!" Yi
14%
Pang "Annoying" Tong
12%
Zhou "I look fabulous" Yu
17%
Lu "I'm younger than your unborn child" Xun
13%
Lu "...I'm a strategist?" Meng
6%
Jiang "Mr. Late-to-the-Party" Wei
12%

Total votes : 113

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:11 am

Lu "...I'm a strategist?" Meng

:lol:

I voted for Kongming in terms of overall character and playability. I'm not a fan of Shu, but Kongming makes an exception in my book.

I honestly haven't played many of the strategists, so can't comment on gameplay.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Ts'aoist » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:33 am

Sima Yi, because the other ones all don't like The Man for some reason.
The ancient adepts of Wei were subtle and flexible, profound and comprehensive.
Their minds were too deep to be fathomed.
Ts'ao Te Ching, Ch. 15
Ts'aoist
Master

Unread postby DarkDecapodian » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 am

*Looks at ava*. For one thing, I've always had a soft spot for the weirdo in any group of characters. And who doesn't quietly appreciate a musou that wails on enemies long after they're dead?
DarkDecapodian
Assistant

Unread postby rexkim » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:01 pm

I'd have to say Zhuge Liang. In DW5, his musou is amazing and I just LOVE spamming his jump charge move.
rexkim
Student

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:04 pm

rexkim wrote:I'd have to say Zhuge Liang. In DW5, his musou is amazing and I just LOVE spamming his jump charge move.
Amen my friend. Jump charge musou jump charge musou ahhh good stuff
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun May 06, 2007 8:24 am

Sima Yi, purely on the basis of his superior moveset. Much better than Zhuge's! :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Mei » Sun May 06, 2007 9:29 am

Mitsunari wrote:Sima Yi, purely on the basis of his superior moveset. Much better than Zhuge's! :lol:

And more dynamic. He is so much more than Zhuge Liang. Funny, he has a personality and his moveset is just ace! An excellent strategist.
Well, apart from Zhou Yu, obviously! :D
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun May 06, 2007 1:26 pm

*sioghs* w.e Zhuge liang jump charge as the same effect of Sima Yi musou and it fills up the musou while his 4th weapon fills musous and with the righ items like I said before he can be better in chaos mode.... well that's for you to try of course then again we can all be bias. Zhou Yu and Sima Yio do have more personality but Zhuge liang has a longer story of burden and more people cared about him. He was their last hope like the star of his that was falling... Yue ying... Liu Bei... Jiang wei.. Wei Yan... One goal... restoring han...
Yue Ying: This will be the last battle will it not?
Zhuge liang: yes...
Zhuge Liang: Liu Bei dreams... my star...
Jiang Wei: Pruime minister! *holds him*
Zhuge liang *points to heaven* my star....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZx5QSP9EVg
Yup starting form his storyline all the way until Sun ce died... I like Zhou Yu just that that arrogrant one who wants to kill zhugel iang... maybe ill make a tribute to him for my bro in law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6gvQAEx9Y8
ooo nice intro of zhou yu too bad they made him so hateful for me in dw4
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Mei » Sun May 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Shadowlink wrote:*sioghs* w.e Zhuge liang jump charge as the same effect of Sima Yi musou and it fills up the musou while his 4th weapon fills musous and with the righ items like I said before he can be better in chaos mode.... well that's for you to try of course then again we can all be bias. Zhou Yu and Sima Yio do have more personality but Zhuge liang has a longer story of burden and more people cared about him. He was their last hope like the star of his that was falling... Yue ying... Liu Bei... Jiang wei.. Wei Yan... One goal... restoring han...
Yue Ying: This will be the last battle will it not?
Zhuge liang: yes...
Zhuge Liang: Liu Bei dreams... my star...
Jiang Wei: Pruime minister! *holds him*
Zhuge liang *points to heaven* my star....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZx5QSP9EVg
Yup starting form his storyline all the way until Sun ce died... I like Zhou Yu just that that arrogrant one who wants to kill zhugel iang... maybe ill make a tribute to him for my bro in law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6gvQAEx9Y8
ooo nice intro of zhou yu too bad they made him so hateful for me in dw4

Forgive me Shadowlink but these are our opinions and they do not need to be sighed over constantly.
I cannot understand why you feel the need to change peoples opinions in such a patronising manner.
I would gladly explain my choice to you but quotes from a game I have played a million times is not going to change my mind.
I prefer Sima Yi and Zhou Yu's movesets over Zhuge Liang I, nor anyone else, has said nothing about hating Zhuge Liang personally. We are not trying to offend anyone. If you want quotes as to why we like our choices, then just ask. But please, stop sighing about us as though we are naughty children.
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun May 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Because we cant stay at the same level! we must at least "try" okay nevermind you tried. But see when I don'[t like things and people like them I must understand why, the reason, the ethics behind it. Like I hate Sun Quan 2 months ago until I found him he was like Liu Bei and care for the people later on. No you are not naughty childs :lol: just cant change your mind and I know this will get no where. I say huang gai sucks until I find a surivial scroll. I say Xu Zhu sucks until I found a dragon arm
Last edited by Shadowlink on Sun May 06, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training