Your Favorite Strategist.

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Who is your favorite non-generic strategist?

Zhuge "Fire Attack" Liang
26%
Sima "I can be cool like Kongming!" Yi
14%
Pang "Annoying" Tong
12%
Zhou "I look fabulous" Yu
17%
Lu "I'm younger than your unborn child" Xun
13%
Lu "...I'm a strategist?" Meng
6%
Jiang "Mr. Late-to-the-Party" Wei
12%

Total votes : 113

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Sun May 06, 2007 3:18 pm

I voted Lu Meng. I don't like Zhuge Liang's "I planned this all along" haughty attitude, and Sima Yi's okay, but he just doesn't do it for me. Jiang Wei annoys me to no end. Pang Tong rules, but I like Lu Meng's no-nonsense personality. Zhou Yu and Lu Xun are up there for me, too - Zhou Yu's one of my favorite characters to use, but I'm talking about personality here, and I'm more of a Lu Meng personality than I am a Zhou Yu personality.

Yes, I know that people don't think his moveset is that good.

I just don't care.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Mei » Sun May 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:I voted Lu Meng. I don't like Zhuge Liang's "I planned this all along" haughty attitude, and Sima Yi's okay, but he just doesn't do it for me. Jiang Wei annoys me to no end. Pang Tong rules, but I like Lu Meng's no-nonsense personality. Zhou Yu and Lu Xun are up there for me, too - Zhou Yu's one of my favorite characters to use, but I'm talking about personality here, and I'm more of a Lu Meng personality than I am a Zhou Yu personality.

Yes, I know that people don't think his moveset is that good.

I just don't care.

I think Lu Meng has a great moveset, I just don't tend to think of him as a strategist. :oops:
I keep forgetting he is but he just doesn't come across as one. I really should take a more serious look at the game.
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ZhouTai50 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:23 pm

I'd have to say that Zhou Yu would be my favorite. I like his moveset and personality the best. Lu Meng and Lu Xun are close, though. Sima Yi's not bad, and i love his attitude. I despise Zhuge Liang and Jiang Wei. Pang Tong is funny, but his only good move is his Musou.
ZhouTai50
Sage

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun May 06, 2007 4:42 pm

You mean you lkie Lu meng because he doesnt have a arrogrant attitude like all the other advisors right ? lkie Zhou Yu wanting to kill Zhuge liang. Zhuge liang umm yeah I don't know what to say. Sima Yi thining he is better, Lu Xun bad moveset but fastest character and more. I despie Jiang Wei but he is not half bad, I onl dislike him because jiang wei is like ma chao and lu meng combine
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Sun May 06, 2007 4:46 pm

Shadowlink wrote:You mean you lkie Lu meng because he doesnt have a arrogrant attitude like all the other advisors right ? lkie Zhou Yu wanting to kill Zhuge liang. Zhuge liang umm yeah I don't know what to say. Sima Yi thining he is better, Lu Xun bad moveset but fastest character and more. I despie Jiang Wei but he is not half bad, I onl dislike him because jiang wei is like ma chao and lu meng combine

I like Lu Meng because he's professional, but he has a sense of humor. He's dedicated to his kingdom as a whole instead of the memory of an individual.

There is no mention in DW5 of Zhou Yu wanting to kill Zhuge Liang.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun May 06, 2007 4:48 pm

DW4 kingdom of wuuu. Warlord like hand. I like it when they took away that DW5 thing between Zhou Yu and Zhuge liang focus more on Sun Ce. You sure Lu meng didnt deciate himself?
Zhou Yu: A warrior of Wu must use his brains too
I don't think they show that Zhuge liang I plan it all along when he is facing you expect his quotes. Sima Yi is more like that. When you are opposing Zhuge liang only the wooden ox is a threat. Sima Yi as a whole has good defensive in hefei castle and wuzhang plains
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Foif » Sun May 06, 2007 10:46 pm

I have to say i like Lu Xun. Mainly in DW 3. I remember playing in battle of HeFei and killing him and his line would be, "Im too young to die". I found that funny.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gabriel » Sun May 06, 2007 11:01 pm

Zhou Yu for me.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat May 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Zhuge Liang for me because I love his current voice and appearance. But if the latest game was still DW4 I would of voted for Sima Yi. Thats because I hate his new voice and appearance compared to his voice and appearance in Dynasty Warriors 4.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Sat May 19, 2007 4:15 pm

If it were up to gameplay and who is strongest, Zhou Yu winds, if it were up to being the top strategy id want to be in my army, definatly Zhuge Liang.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training