Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Re: Bodyguards

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:39 am

Gorgon2222 wrote:ok i have a guard and he is leveld allthe way to 10 k and it jsut stops is this the highest he can be or sumtin and he never got any special ability that i could see
please reply or just IM me please

Yup once they have that 10K they stop gaining abilities. 4 abilities is the max a bodyguard can gain, they basically have to be Superior/S to gain that. I'd think thier are other combos to get 4 abilities but I don't have a single bodyguard with 4 abilities.

starting-line wrote:I just want ask if you guys had this expereience, if you havent played certain game or games at all for like 4 month, when you play it do you get board since you are not addict to game anymore?

Of course :wink: but it really does depend on the game. Most RPG's if I start to play again I can continue though a lot of them. DW4 was weird when I played it again a little while ago, being so used to SW.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarKing » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:12 am

Yes there is another combo that gets your BG 4 abilities. My Brilliant/S wizard BG has 4 abilities. He is the only one so far that has gotten 4. They aren't that great though. He has heal, wall, fame, and hire. The wizard BG's musou is really cool. Plus he has ice ability. It's a huge help. I been using him alot. He more helps me then the other BGs. All they do is attack and steal my kills if I don't put defend on.
Also I just got Zuo Ci a bit ago. I will try not to ruin it for anybody that hasn't gotten him yet.....but he is totally wicked. By that I mean he is insanly awesome. He is IMO the best character in DWs. I wish Koei would make more characters like him. His move set is killer. His reach is totally insane. Put the wind scroll on him and he's nearly untouchable. His run speed is very quick. His musou blows Zhuge Liang's away. And just when you thought his move set was complete...try adding another charge attack.... :shock:
DynastyWarKing
Langzhong

Unread postby Frank » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:16 pm

Hi there, everybody. Frank hates to annoy you all with his problems, but I'm going to anyways.

I've been making a pretty good pace at unlocking characters/beating various Musou modes/unlocking various items(Considering my brother has been pretty much owning the PS2 throughout the weekdays. :x ), but there has been 1 item that's been giving me trouble, so far, that is, and all faqs I find to get it are moot. It's the Power Rune. If anyone has it, and knows of a way to unlock, then can you please help me out?

Much abliged, everybody. :P
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby MrAndy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:35 pm

A couple of questions on the bodyguards... first, can you get an A and an S on any level or only hard ones? And what do the bodyguard abilities do and how come they never do them :x
MrAndy
Sage

Unread postby Frank » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:53 pm

MrAndy wrote:A couple of questions on the bodyguards... first, can you get an A and an S on any level or only hard ones?

I've yet to play on Hard mode once, yet I have one level S bodyguard and a few level A's. So the answer would be yes: you can get them at any level of difficulty.

MrAndy wrote:And what do the bodyguard abilities do and how come they never do them :x

They do do them. Sometimes it's just hard to tell. Here's a list of them:

Heal: The bodyguard will heal self when in trouble. (I've seen this one, and it occurs when their health is pretty low.)
Rage: The bodyguard's Attack power will increase when in trouble. (It gives them an "Attack x 2" effect when in the red health. You can tell cus they glow red.)
Wall: The bodyguard's Defense will increase when in trouble. (Same as Rage, but with "Defense x 2". A green glow goes with this one.)
Fame: Player's army morale becomes less likely to decrease. (I have a guy who recently got this, but I've yet to use him since. I should test this out...)
Link: Even small combos will leave better items than usual. (No one I own has this.)
Hire: After a battle, a bdoyguard will definitely come join you. (Yep, Shui Jing will always bring a new bodyguard to you. But it won't take effect the same battle your bodyguard gets the ability, though.)
Item: After a battle, acquired items will increase by 1.(No one I own has this.)
Find: After a battle, acquire weapons will increase by 1. (No one I own has this.)
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby DynastyWarKing » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:57 pm

What you get for a BG in my experience is pretty much totally random. It does seem however that the more points you have, the better chances you have at getting a higher level body guard. As for the BG abilities the only real abilites they do are Wall (x2 defense) and Rage (x2 attack). My priestess BG does rage just about everytime she gets knocked down regardless of her health. My wizard BG rarly uses wall because he hardly ever gets knocked down. He is usually busy knocking everybody else around and freezing everyone :lol: . That's the only way they can use those abilities is right after they get up. The other abilities help you directly and don't really do anything for the BG.
DynastyWarKing
Langzhong

Unread postby WeiYan of Shu 77 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Can someone tell me how to get the Tiger Wheel?
The site where i got the info on how to get it makes NO SENSE at all.
Huang Zhong: Are you calling me old?!
Wei Yan: ...Yes.
Huang Zhong: Liu Bei! I demand you kill him!
Liu Bei: Well it's... true...
WeiYan of Shu 77
Academic

Unread postby MrAndy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:13 pm

Frank wrote:
MrAndy wrote:A couple of questions on the bodyguards... first, can you get an A and an S on any level or only hard ones?

I've yet to play on Hard mode once, yet I have one level S bodyguard and a few level A's. So the answer would be yes: you can get them at any level of difficulty.

MrAndy wrote:And what do the bodyguard abilities do and how come they never do them :x

They do do them. Sometimes it's just hard to tell. Here's a list of them:

Heal: The bodyguard will heal self when in trouble. (I've seen this one, and it occurs when their health is pretty low.)
Rage: The bodyguard's Attack power will increase when in trouble. (It gives them an "Attack x 2" effect when in the red health. You can tell cus they glow red.)
Wall: The bodyguard's Defense will increase when in trouble. (Same as Rage, but with "Defense x 2". A green glow goes with this one.)
Fame: Player's army morale becomes less likely to decrease. (I have a guy who recently got this, but I've yet to use him since. I should test this out...)
Link: Even small combos will leave better items than usual. (No one I own has this.)
Hire: After a battle, a bdoyguard will definitely come join you. (Yep, Shui Jing will always bring a new bodyguard to you. But it won't take effect the same battle your bodyguard gets the ability, though.)
Item: After a battle, acquired items will increase by 1.(No one I own has this.)
Find: After a battle, acquire weapons will increase by 1. (No one I own has this.)

Oh thanks. I have some bodyguards that have heal and stuff like that, I didn't know it was for themselves. I know the fan bodyguard can heal though. Some of those sound pretty cool. I just got one with the "Fame" ability, I'll see if it does anything.
MrAndy
Sage

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Frank wrote:I've been making a pretty good pace at unlocking characters/beating various Musou modes/unlocking various items(Considering my brother has been pretty much owning the PS2 throughout the weekdays. :x ), but there has been 1 item that's been giving me trouble, so far, that is, and all faqs I find to get it are moot. It's the Power Rune. If anyone has it, and knows of a way to unlock, then can you please help me out?

Since there is no Power Rune I think that might be your problem right there :wink:

I shall assume you mean the green scroll, where attack increases and defence decreases. At Jie Ting, wait until Zu Zhu comes as reinformances, after you kill him your have to kill Sima Yi within 3 minutes. If you're trying to get a different item describe it or something ... I have all but the demon band becasue I haven't unlocked Zhang Jiao.

WeiYan of Shu 77 wrote:Can someone tell me how to get the Tiger Wheel?
The site where i got the info on how to get it makes NO SENSE at all.

Struggle for Nan Zhong, within 1 minute defeat the 3 besatmasters in the mid left area, a little lower then King Mulu.

MrAndy wrote:Oh thanks. I have some bodyguards that have heal and stuff like that, I didn't know it was for themselves. I know the fan bodyguard can heal though. Some of those sound pretty cool. I just got one with the "Fame" ability, I'll see if it does anything.

Fame does a lot, won't seem like it for a while in a stage. Once you start to gain morale though, you really start to notice it. Playing Yi Ling as Shu, Guan Ping wasn't able to catch up to Zhu Ran ... who was a coward and got the fire attack off :twisted: HOWEVER my entire sides morale did do down, but they were still strong enough to total all the enemies in thier path.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiYan of Shu 77 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Another question i have is how to get Meng Huo. This one site says; Defeat the nanman campaign and defeat Meng huo all times
But how/who has the Nanman Campaign?

-THANKS
Huang Zhong: Are you calling me old?!
Wei Yan: ...Yes.
Huang Zhong: Liu Bei! I demand you kill him!
Liu Bei: Well it's... true...
WeiYan of Shu 77
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training