Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Unread postby starting-line » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:44 pm

I dont know why, but im kinda getting board of dw5 rite now, i only played for 10 hour(total time i spend). Can anyone tell me why? i mean i love the game just its getting board.
I'm Da nizzle with da Bling, i know im gansta!
starting-line
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sang » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:48 pm

Can someone give me advice on how to get the Shadow Harness? The clock starts when Hu Zhen and Zhang Ji show up. So, far I already have Red Hare, Hex Mark, and Storm Rider Saddles. Hu Zhen and Zhang Ji is far apart and its pretty hard to get to both of them within 50 seconds of them showing up. And yes, I'm playing it on Chaos, but still couldn't beat it on time with Lu Bu, or any other characters I'm using.

Thanks.
Gao Shun & Cheng Lian, you have my prayers!

Sun Tzu: “Knows thy enemy, knows thyself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles.”

Sun Tzu: “A vanquished state cannot be revived; the dead cannot be brought back to life.”
Sang
Changshi

Unread postby King Kumo The Deathwind » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:05 pm

To get the shadow harness you probably need a second player and have him wait were the other one comes out. Also to startling line it happens your favorite game gets boring after a while take a break go out and come back and it will be like new that is how it is for me at least. well I don't know because I like to max out all the characters and get all the items most of the time that helps me but hey you will get bored with anything in life you do it enough. :D
I am a blessing to family and friend,
To my enemies I am a sin,
But to all I am known as King Kumo the Deathwind !
King Kumo The Deathwind
Master

Unread postby superDio-plus^^ » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 pm

starting-line wrote:I dont know why, but im kinda getting board of dw5 rite now, i only played for 10 hour(total time i spend). Can anyone tell me why? i mean i love the game just its getting board.

You'll get bored when you spend day and night to play whatever game you like, that's true. So take a break for about 1 or 2 days or even longer, when you start to think about the game, then it's time for you to rock again, trust me. :D
俺の中に....ペルソナがいる....
これが....罰だと言うのか....
superDio-plus^^
Sage

Unread postby Sang » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 pm

King Kumo The Deathwind wrote:To get the shadow harness you probably need a second player and have him wait were the other one comes out.

I did that and we beat both of them in 20 seconds when they shows up. Is there another requirement to get Shadow Harness?

Sun Tzu: “Knows thy enemy, knows thyself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles.”

Sun Tzu: “A vanquished state cannot be revived; the dead cannot be brought back to life.”
Sang
Changshi

Unread postby Huang Bob » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:45 pm

You can't get it with 2 players. What I did was take my most leveled up character (Zhao Yun) threw him on Red Hare, equipped my HORSE lvl 20, played on easy, and unhorsed the 2 guys in one hit. Take out the 4 bases, wait for Hu Zhen in the top right (behind the base and near the gate), try and use someone who can kill him in one hit. Zhang Ji will move north while you're running at him, so he'll be easier to get to.

I'd recommend saving sometime after you take both bases, so if you don't get it, you can reload.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:46 pm

King Kumo The Deathwind wrote:To get the shadow harness you probably need a second player and have him wait were the other one comes out. Also to startling line it happens your favorite game gets boring after a while take a break go out and come back and it will be like new that is how it is for me at least. well I don't know because I like to max out all the characters and get all the items most of the time that helps me but hey you will get bored with anything in life you do it enough. :D

Player 1 has to kill both of them. My suggestion max a character out, use Red Hare and ENSURE that you at least kill the 1st guy in one hit (do it on easy). I started at the bottom left, killed him right away without getting off my horse then I went straight to the other guy and killed him pretty quick.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sang » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:21 pm

Huang Bob wrote:You can't get it with 2 players. What I did was take my most leveled up character (Zhao Yun) threw him on Red Hare, equipped my HORSE lvl 20, played on easy, and unhorsed the 2 guys in one hit. Take out the 4 bases, wait for Hu Zhen in the top right (behind the base and near the gate), try and use someone who can kill him in one hit. Zhang Ji will move north while you're running at him, so he'll be easier to get to.

I'd recommend saving sometime after you take both bases, so if you don't get it, you can reload.

I already know I can't get it with two players, but I was doing it to see if its worked. You're telling me to play it on Easy Mode? Anyway, I'm playing it on Chaos Mode, now that I know I'm supposed to take out bases. Thanks Huang Bob and EVERYTHING for the advices.

Sang
Changshi

Unread postby Tong Kaiyi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:25 pm

Question:

When I played DW3, I found it easy to get 1000 kills. But during ym play of DW4, I was lucky to scratch 400 mark. What I wanna know is; is it easy to get a good number of kills in this one?"
Tong Kaiyi
Sage

Unread postby Sang » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:27 pm

Tong Kaiyi wrote:Question:

When I played DW3, I found it easy to get 1000 kills. But during ym play of DW4, I was lucky to scratch 400 mark. What I wanna know is; is it easy to get a good number of kills in this one?"

Yes, it is easy to get 1000 KOs in DW5. Your character must has a pretty good stats.

Sang
Changshi

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training