Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Re: Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Wu Zhang Plains is one of the most difficult and frustrating maps, especially when playing on Chaos. Protecting the supply line isn't necessary, and neither is Zhuge Liang dying. Of course, without the supplies or Kongming's death your allies will be stuck and will probably refuse to move for the entire duration of the stage. It's most likely from not many of your allied officers dying off.

Xiahou Ba conjures a rockslide if I remember correctly, along the western path? Assuming you rid Sima Zhao take the east route and take on Sima Yi alone, it's all you can do. I'm pretty sure Xiahou Ba doesn't back him up in the top-middle anyway.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah, i agree that Wu Zhang Plains is difficult. But i can't even see what to do, because it's all in japanese, so i just kill aynone and win the stage. 8-)
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Tuo Xie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Is there a proper name for officers that have electricity and after images?
My brother and I call them crazy (a habit we picked up in like the fifth grade) as in "Oh crap Lu Bu! And he's crazy!"

We also adopted the honorary title of Uber to an officer who is crazy, activated musou rage, and 2x attack
"Move your ass! It's Uber Lu Bu!!!"

Uubu. Sounds alot less threatening like that.
Kekeke, the funnies are upon me :P
Tuo Xie
Apprentice

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Hyper Mode? I heard them get called that before. There's basically three types of "powered" enemy officers: first being 30-second power-ups in attack or defense x2, second being electricity, red or blue, a.k.a. Hyper, and the third being Musou Rage. They're just generally officers with a permanent higher attack and defense, so you can't "wait out" their power boost to fade away in 30 seconds or so. Usually in prominent characters on that particular battlefield, ex. Huang Zhong at Mt. Ding Jun, Zhao Yun at Yi Ling, Zhang Fei at Chang Ban, etc.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SapphireKirby » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 am

Eh, this is still one of my favourite DW games.

I prefer a lot of the character's designs in DW5, too. So, y'know. <3
"Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion." - Liu Bei's testament (Chapter 85, p. 1012)
SapphireKirby
Apprentice

Unread postby Human5 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 am

How does Hex Mark luck work?

Do I have to be riding the horse to get the luck, or does bringing the horse immediately give me luck even if i pick up the items from the ground?
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:10 am

Human5 wrote:How does Hex Mark luck work?

Do I have to be riding the horse to get the luck, or does bringing the horse immediately give me luck even if i pick up the items from the ground?

i'm certain you got to be on the horse.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:44 pm

I hope the hero scenarios in DW7Xl are a lot like the story modes for each character in this game. I just loved the narration's of this game and I hope they return the story mode to this way in DW8. The kingdom mode was good but too short and didn't dwell into the individual characters enough. It left too many people on the side lines and didn't give you the chance to really get to know the new characters. The DW5 story modes worked so well in my opinion.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 pm

who you do guys think is the hardest to do Xtreme mode with, also who would you consider the most useful Xtreme mode ally and the least useful.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 am

Xu Huang fan wrote:who you do guys think is the hardest to do Xtreme mode with, also who would you consider the most useful Xtreme mode ally and the least useful.

Hmm, I've only played Xtreme mode with Lu Bu, Ling Tong, Lu Meng, and Cao Cao (had him collect all the ladies, lol). I would say that the guys that are hard to do regular mode with are going to be impossible in Xtreme Mode, especially since you can't rely on weapon/item bonuses. I would imagine that the slowpokes (Xu Chu, Dian Wei, Meng Huo) would be painful to play with, since you can't always have a horse.

For allies, the ones with inherit ice element are nice (e.g. Yue Ying). Again, it's nice to have people who can run fast enough to catch up with you.

The least useful ally is Huang Gai. Nuff said.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training