Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:43 am

urbanterrorist wrote:Another question is how many item slots do all of the characters get? Do all of them get 5 items slots?

Yup, all 5 all at 60K points.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarKing » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:15 am

So far for me I've been able to get everybodies 4th weapon by just going through their musou. I've got quite a few of them done. Also most of my items are level 19-20...so that helps alot.
Question..how do you unlock Zhang Jiao. He is the last person I need to unlock to get Zuo Ci. The unlock guide for some reason doesn't say.
DynastyWarKing
Langzhong

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:16 am

DynastyWarKing wrote:Question..how do you unlock Zhang Jiao. He is the last person I need to unlock to get Zuo Ci. The unlock guide for some reason doesn't say.

Beat Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Jian and Lu Bu's musou modes.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarKing » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:18 am

Darn it...thanks. Means I got to beat 2 more people yet before I can play him. Was hoping to play him tonight but guess will have to wait till tomarrow.
DynastyWarKing
Langzhong

Unread postby Cherry_Blossom » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:13 am

For the sake of being called a cheater I have to ask: Is there an easier way to unlock all the generals early? I'm asking (as if this will redeem my inquiry :) ) because I always play with my brother and we have set characters we always use..so it's hard when not all are opened to have enough team play with our favorites.

Another question or two: Everything I have seen mentions there is no Caw but there is an opening edit that can be unlocked or something, my question is, is there an opening edit to be unlocked or any other hidden goodies to be unlocked by special means?

Finally, has anyone seen any stages like they had before, where they were "insert kingdom name here" Tales. Like if you do a certain battle order you get Guan Yu's Escape etc. or do you get them automatically depending on character?
Short version of a quote by Thales:
Of all things;God = most ancient;he is uncreated,Universe=most beautiful;God's work,Space=greatest;holds all,Swiftest=mind;speeds
everywhere,Strongest=necessity;masters all,Wisest=time; brings all things to light
Cherry_Blossom
Changshi

Unread postby Bryan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:41 am

There are no character unlock cheats as far as button input codes go. Wether or not Gameshark or Action-Replay has anything, I have no clue. All I can say is try out some of the characters you don't usually play with. You might be pleasantly surprised.

There is an Opening Edit which you can unlock, but you have to do it by playing through the Musou modes of 1 character of each kingdom as well as the Musou mode of 1 character from the other forces.

There are no more kingdom 'Tales' stages anymore. Each character has specific stages designated to him or her.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ACG » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:12 am

Bryan wrote:There are no character unlock cheats as far as button input codes go. Wether or not Gameshark or Action-Replay has anything, I have no clue. All I can say is try out some of the characters you don't usually play with. You might be pleasantly surprised.

cheating sigh... Thats what ruins the game...
ACG
Master

Unread postby EVERYTHING » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:44 pm

Cherry_Blossom wrote:Finally, has anyone seen any stages like they had before, where they were "insert kingdom name here" Tales. Like if you do a certain battle order you get Guan Yu's Escape etc. or do you get them automatically depending on character?

No tales stages, Guan Yu's escape is done by Xiahou Dun and Guan Yu. There are a few other stages like that Wan Castle for Dian Wei and Sun Ce's trails for Sun Ce... can't think of any others like that right now but every stage is unlocked by playing in musou mode.
EVERYTHING
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:15 pm

Taishi CI of Wu wrote:Could someone expalin the bodyguard rankings and abilitys. I have used body guards a lot but never really paid attentions to ranks like veterens.

Read the post I linked to in my signature. It's a full explanation of all those ranks.

ACG, this thread isn't for passing moral judgments on other people. If people want to enjoy the game in a certain way, that's up to them. ;) I think we do have a thread around here somewhere about cheating and/or the ethics of using codes to unlock things. Search for it if you like. :)

The Supply Captain wrote:I was wondering if there is an event linked to the appearance of the Peasants in the Battle for Cheng Du. At one point Zhao Yun talks to them trying to convince them not to fight.

Hi The Supply Captain! You have the best user name I have seen in a long time.

Anyway, I have not noticed any specific event linked with the peasants at Cheng Du. I haven't played the stage in a while, but it seems to me the peasants might simply be triggered by someone from Liu Bei's side entering the castle at the bottom of the map?
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Huang Bob » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:41 pm

I finally picked up Zhang He's 4th last night. For future reference, here's what I did:

Defeat Gao Xiang and the checkpoint near him.
Defeat Wang Ping and the checkpoint near him. (Ma Su will stop attacking at this point, but in my case, he never left the supply base.)
Go up the mountain and hunt down and defeat Ma Su's sub officers, Chen Shi, Jian Yong, Li Yan.
Defeat a Gate Captain to get into the supply base.
Try to lure Ma Su out and defeat the Supply Base Captain (Not sure if this is required)
After a little while, Ma Su will start to retreat back to the main camp, Sima Yi will tell you to kill him, do so. Valuable Item Report.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training