Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Re: Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sean » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 am

Stallion Fury wrote:
Cao Hong 14 wrote:yes Zhou Tai is really awesome he is one one of my favorites for wu.Pang De is pretty cool too.

DW6 destroyed the cool part of able to swing on one side. D:

I don't think that's the only thing DW6 ruined. ;)
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HonorBe4Peace » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

I love Dynasty Warriors 5 and the Xtreme Legends version.
HonorBe4Peace
Tyro

Unread postby Toothache » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm having trouble collecting Zhang Fei's 4th weapon, and I figure this is the best place to ask for help.

Apparently, the weapon is got by beating Wen Pin, Xiahou Dun and Xiahou En on the Chang Ban stage. Sounds pretty simple. So I tried doing that in his Musou mode on Hard - no Precious Item activation. I looked at other guides to see what I'm doing wrong, and they say that you have to completely defend the Chang Ban Bridge so that no enemies cross it, not even a lowly Private. So again, I tried doing that, Wen Pin and Xiahou Dun come towards the bridge anyway. Once Cao Zhang appears and is beaten, I spend the time forcing all the enemies back (taking out the reinforcement gates as I do so) until I reach Xiahou En, and beat him. Once again, no Precious Item activation.

So, I'm still wondering what I'm doing wrong. I checked the obvious things - its definitely on Hard mode, I had my bodyguard sit on the gate just to ensure she takes out any stragglers that I might miss (some of the time enemies still run past), and even set up my horse so it blocks off part of the bridge (forcing the AI to stop making the enemies run).

Has anyone got any ideas why this isn't working? The only other thing I can think of is that I'm running the stage through the Xtreme Legends version with the original stages loaded, but that shouldn't be preventing the item appearing either.
Toothache
Tyro

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Zhang Fei's 4th is certainly one of the harder weapons to achieve. Usually what happens is when you're not looking or are momentarily away for a checkpoint or even Cao Zhang while you leave a guard or so behind, one or two soldiers step foot over the bridge. What I recommend is getting a friend (or a father/mother/sibling) to sit with the second player controller and destroy everything (including Cao Zhang) in front of the bridge, while you just freely run around taking care of what soldiers you can and mainly the three officers.

Another possibility of a problem is that when you think you got everyone and made your way to Xiahou En, a single private may have passed through the bridge. After all, this game, unlike the Orochi series, doesn't force left-alone soldiers to flee.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 pm

I suggest the same: Ask if some friend can help you guarding the bridge (I intimated my brother to do so :D ) and go on killing the officers.

One think i might say to you: one time i did this but my brother killed one of the officers and i didn't got the 4th weapon. I'm almost certain that 'you' have to kill them.

One more think: to let the things easier, put your friend as the "powerful and mighty Lu Bu" so no one, but "no one" can pass that &¨%$@#$% of bridge.

Good luck! 8-)
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Do someone knows a place that is better to train in Dynasty Warriors 5?

I want to train to maximum without the itens (tiger collar, etc) so then i can use the others and be very powerfull.

Thanks.
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Sorry for the late reply. By "train" I assume you're talking about maxing stats?

He Fei Castle on Wu side is one of the best stages to get the most permanent power-ups. What I do is start playing on Normal difficulty and take out the subordinate officers before the main ones, just to increase the amount of power-ups I get. And if you're quick enough to take out both wings of the castle before moving in for Cao Ren, you'll get a HUUUGE boost in all your stats.

Wu Zhang Plains is another awesome stage, though I personally prefer the lighter He Fei. Playing on either side is about the same, I believe, though doing so on Wei does mean having to face fire-breathing tigers while fighting Jiang Wei.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Yes, maxing stats.

Until now i was training my officers by going on the third stage of Lu Bu (don't know the name :? ) on free mode and on hard difficulty, because almost all officers give an attack/defense +8 to me, and also two itens and weapons (i already have the forth ones).
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 pm

ARGH! I don't understand this game at all!

Playing Yue Ying's musou mode on Chaos. Got to Wu Zhang. Spent the last few days in frustration because I kept getting killed. So today I managed to stay alive for a bit, but failed to protect the supply line. So what happens? NONE OF MY ALLIES MOVED TO ATTACK. I already got 1000 KOs and cleared the map except for Sima Yi and Xiahou Ba, and still Zhuge Liang wouldn't die and no one would move their ass! Argh!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am

Hum, there's a few things that you need to understand about this game:

First, your allies don't attack, only if you see a message that relates to charging or when it appears "a full-out attack".

Second, If you are dying every time when charging to enemy, try going to other sides, and defeating enemies in a different order.

Third, about the allies attacking, don't ever think of those privates going to attack. When you see them in conflict, you can see that the enemy always have full life.

Forth, try getting better weapons or max the char.
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training