What Gameplay Factor That Makes You Hooked to DW Series?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

What Gameplay Factor That Makes You Hooked to DW Series?

The carnage: Massive slaughter in minutes
40%
Simple combo system
2%
The characters: They're cool
12%
It's closely related to Three Kingdoms history
26%
Well designed stages
5%
Other (explain)
16%

Total votes : 58

Unread postby YourWorstNightmare » Mon May 02, 2005 4:21 pm

About 1 1/2 ta 2 years ago I picked up DW3 and I'll admit my sister's husband had borrowed the game from a freind a couplea months before I even saw it. But that aside I was the first person in the house to play it, and I'll admit that I sucked at it, soon after I got mildly better but then I stopped playing until about 4 months ago and I discovered that while I had no idea how I got good I was very good, then I heard about DW5 coming out and I fell in love with the series. From the time I first saw DW3 til the day I heard DW5 was being released I had no clue the series had been continued. One main reason I like this series is that I can come home all tired start playing and I'll get hooked, stay up playing til 2 or 3. Just kinda become absorbed by the whole experience of it, so much mindless beauty that I can close myself off and be alone.
YourWorstNightmare
Apprentice

Location: Bounceing off the heads of Shu, Wei, and betrayers of Wu in DW5

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:39 am

When I was 15 I started playing it and I loved Sun Shang Xiang as a character and then I loved the rest of the characters and I got hooked on the carnage too, as there was no blood, I hate blood!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby dirtybird » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:29 pm

I enjoy the overall gameplay of the DW series. For me though, it would be massive slaughter in minutes.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XxCrimsonSovereignxX » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I love all of the killing! I also like the characters in the game, but trying to beat your record kills is much more fun.
“There are five possible operations in war: if you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die!"
~ By the Famous Sima Yi
XxCrimsonSovereignxX
Student

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:41 pm

CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
In DW2 it was partly due to the characters, since DW2 each character has become worst and worst, and i really hate Xign Cai (how the hell can anyone even make that character, did they accidently spill somthing on the harddrive she was saved on, she is SH*T!)
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Jason » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 pm

The carnage and weapon/character collecting.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm

I have to admit, collecting Items and Weapons is interesting.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Ricky » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Mainly the Rotk and characters look great. Also Im hoping the gameplay gets alot better.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:28 am

Its easy to play and learn so i can play co-op with anyone even those new to the series. Also has such a vast number of playable characters that it keeps me busy for weeks on end when its just me playing (specially as each character has a different ending and 4th weapon to unlock)
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 am

A combination of it being based on the novel which I enjoyed reading, stress-relieving mindless carnage, character unlocking and the challenge of weapon/item collecting.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training