Your Biggest Disappointment of DW5?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Your Biggest Disappointment of DW5?

No Create-A-Warrior (CAW)
27%
No Vs Mode
16%
No Duel
8%
No Kingdom Mode
3%
No Cheng Pu / Deng Ai
12%
Musou Mode way too short and no possible story branch
11%
Enemies still popping up
2%
No Chinese dub
9%
It's way overhyped
2%
Other (Explain)
11%

Total votes : 210

Unread postby Dragonus » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:36 am

Yeah I thought the dub in DW3 was a pretty cool feature, it wasn't in DW4 and they still didn't add it into DW5 which was no fun either. I didn't like that there still isnt' any unit control, I did encounter it once when I was playing the last stage in Sun Ce's legend Da Qiao and two or three squads were actually following and fighting with me which was awesome and is what i wish they would do in DW6, hopefully. CAW being gone was kinda lame. Didn't like how they gave you an odd bodyguard...I think they should have at least two guards. (Tiger doesn't really count as one in my opinion since it is an item you equip.)
Dragonus
Master

Unread postby Lord Chuff » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:05 am

My greatest disapointment would be the absense of versus mode. In DW4 I used to really enjoy playing duels with my friends (and usually winning because of my superior experience :wink: ).
Good Lord, it's a cheeseburger!
Lord Chuff
Langzhong

Unread postby zhangliao100 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:15 am

i take back whatever i said before

the worst part is the difficulty its way to easy
im back

again
zhangliao100
Master

Unread postby Lu Xun, Warrior of Wu » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Dragonus wrote:Yeah I thought the dub in DW3 was a pretty cool feature, it wasn't in DW4 and they still didn't add it into DW5 which was no fun either. I didn't like that there still isnt' any unit control, I did encounter it once when I was playing the last stage in Sun Ce's legend Da Qiao and two or three squads were actually following and fighting with me which was awesome and is what i wish they would do in DW6, hopefully. CAW being gone was kinda lame. Didn't like how they gave you an odd bodyguard...I think they should have at least two guards. (Tiger doesn't really count as one in my opinion since it is an item you equip.)

That's another reason why DW3 is still my favorite. Chinese Dub. They threw out a lot of stuff that the fans liked and that isn't too smart. Also, the fact you have one bodyguard in the game sucks too. THINK KOEI THINK!
Lu Xun, Warrior of Wu
Initiate

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:48 pm

Lu Xun, Warrior of Wu wrote:That's another reason why DW3 is still my favorite. Chinese Dub. They threw out a lot of stuff that the fans liked and that isn't too smart. Also, the fact you have one bodyguard in the game sucks too. THINK KOEI THINK!

DW3 had a Japanese track, not a Chinese one. :wink:

I recall when DW5 first came out, the single enhanced bodyguard was a praiseworthy change for many. Koei usually responds to the demands of its fans, and it is the tendency of fans to wish to reinstate the old that causes the progression of the series to seem to go in circles.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Dragonus » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 am

I thought it was a Japanese dub. I liked the bodyguard teams, the new bodyguard system is pretty cool though. I just prefered the bodyguard teams, and I think most of the stuff I said was stuff that wasn't in any of the games. Except the CAW I don't really see why they would take that out, I loved that feature.
Dragonus
Master

Unread postby jiang cheng » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:51 am

i want personal duel with Diao Chan and Lu Bu
jiang cheng
Scholar

Unread postby Shia Qiao » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Create a warrior was in 5-XL

That game is too easy... and I played DW4 AFTER I played 5

I own DW5, DW5-XL, DW4, DW 4-XL, I'm looking for DW5-E For PS2 Noone has it anymore but plenty of DW5-E for XB360 (beurk!)

After playing DW4... I think they should have keep the experience system, the versus mode...

But I'm glad now EVERY character has her/his own end not same ends with different characters
Shia Qiao
Student

Unread postby Shia Qiao » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:38 pm

Lu Xun, Warrior of Wu wrote:
Dragonus wrote:Yeah I thought the dub in DW3 was a pretty cool feature, it wasn't in DW4 and they still didn't add it into DW5 which was no fun either. I didn't like that there still isnt' any unit control, I did encounter it once when I was playing the last stage in Sun Ce's legend Da Qiao and two or three squads were actually following and fighting with me which was awesome and is what i wish they would do in DW6, hopefully. CAW being gone was kinda lame. Didn't like how they gave you an odd bodyguard...I think they should have at least two guards. (Tiger doesn't really count as one in my opinion since it is an item you equip.)

That's another reason why DW3 is still my favorite. Chinese Dub. They threw out a lot of stuff that the fans liked and that isn't too smart. Also, the fact you have one bodyguard in the game sucks too. THINK KOEI THINK!

Well, in the other games... the Bodyguard was doing almost nothing... at least in 5... she/he helps you...
Shia Qiao
Student

Unread postby Jedi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:55 pm

I liked the vs mode but they took it out

I hated that there was not a Cao Cao Lu Bu Liu Bei and Sun Ce battle vs Yuan Shu
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training