Your Biggest Disappointment of DW5?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Your Biggest Disappointment of DW5?

No Create-A-Warrior (CAW)
27%
No Vs Mode
16%
No Duel
8%
No Kingdom Mode
3%
No Cheng Pu / Deng Ai
12%
Musou Mode way too short and no possible story branch
11%
Enemies still popping up
2%
No Chinese dub
9%
It's way overhyped
2%
Other (Explain)
11%

Total votes : 210

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:48 am

One more lame thing about DW5 is that the enemy generals turn red before they use a musou.

Yet another means of dumbing down the gameplay...keep it up Koei. Maybe they'll add another sweet new difficulty mode that's even easier than Novice.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:54 am

Easier than novice? Haha. I once forgot to pause it, and walked away. I came back, and was getting smacked around. Technically. I still had full health.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:00 am

The bad thing about novice is fighting Lu Bu, he is easier on easy, but on novice, he must be crying about how weak is, its so sad.... :lol: :lol: .
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:00 am

The bad thing about novice is fighting Lu Bu, he is easier on easy, but on novice, he must be crying about how weak is, its so sad.... :lol: :lol: .
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:42 pm

I visted KOEI site yesterday and it's said there that dw games are in the top of most influential games if not n1. So whatever we say here is of no importance, as long as we buy them they will change nothing. Keep in mind that games are produced only for one very well-known reason.
Games were really improved only in terms of graphic and sound. Some new interesting conceptions were employed only in xl and empires series. Dw6 will probably have better graphics and sound, more characters (at least one more girl and a sorceror) with unconventional weapons (maybe its time for a m16a2), more combos, more items and some other minor changes. It'll always be hack'n'slash and that means combos, kos, extravagant moves and weapons and most of all no need for strategy. I'm not saying that dw6 will be a waste of money but don't expect real changes like being more book accurate, reality based or tactically demanding. Actually KOEI will always add things, but never change.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Of course. Historical accuracy is for the ROTK series, and strategy is for the Dynasty Tactics series. This is a "Warriors" game - it's all about action.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Wo Long » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:56 pm

Six_and_Up wrote:
Seriously, I can't believe there's a thread so long about how bad DW5 is when there isn't one about how great DW3 is or something. Since really, DW5 is the best of the series, it's just not as innovative as DW3 was in it's time. So I don't see what the big fuss is about how dissappointing this game is...

Hell they should stop making xtreme legends and empires and combine it into one DW game.

I concur. :)
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:09 am

Combine them into one game? But than they can't rip us off and make that extra $60 per person! :evil:
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Wo Long » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:13 am

Ezekiel wrote:Combine them into one game? But than they can't rip us off and make that extra $60 per person! :evil:

But they'd regain their dignity which would help in the future.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:58 am

I'm all for them making it one game. I was taking a sarcastic shot at KOEI, those bastards.

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training