Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Gongsun Z

That’s a typo. The correct word is ‘deeds’. I just corrected that.
That was a double reference. The first one is in DW5, where a bodyguard want to join you, a scholar tell: ‘he is an officer renowned in (one, two or three) kingdoms’. The second one is a sentence who hit me in the Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms, about Mi Fang: ‘We may note that Mi Fang had the remarkable record of serving each of the Rival Three Kingdoms. P.671.’

I think the Professor means remarkable as in someone serving all three factions rather then his deeds were remarkable

Chen Tai: One of the favorite’s. Nevertheless, I don’t understand why he didn’t have his card on Dynasty Warriors Blast. :? Despite his popularity, KOEI seems to put him aside. Did someone have a clue about it ?

My guess? Possibly he isn't as famous as, say, Deng Ai and he fits into an awkward middle bit whereas Deng Ai and Zhong Hui have fall of Shu and Guo Huai acts as sort of a transition figure having served Xiahou Yuan then oversaw Deng Ai. Plus possibly the Wei loyalist angle is awkward

There, I guess you're right. They are strategists, but only in the book, so we can assess that all the adds will be based on it (except for He Qi, who is the big missing one of the book, but however, he have its card on DW Blast).

I wouldn't mind He Qi but I kind of wonder if they mess up the flamboyancy to the irritating level

I always wondered how a character is Wei or Jin related, in KOEI point of view. Is it towards some point of the story (like the rise of the Sima Clan) or their affinity/loyauty towards who they serves ?
For example, I guess Guo Huai is Wei in the Jin story, so added in Jin. We have also Xiahou Ba, who is Wei/Shu in the Jin story. Added in Jin. But they clearly class Cao Shuang, He Yan, Guanqiu Jian and Wen Qin as Wei in the Wei faction, so now… I’m totally lost with their classification

I think if playable and post Wu-Zhang, they are seen as Jin.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training