Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Gongsun Z

That’s a typo. The correct word is ‘deeds’. I just corrected that.
That was a double reference. The first one is in DW5, where a bodyguard want to join you, a scholar tell: ‘he is an officer renowned in (one, two or three) kingdoms’. The second one is a sentence who hit me in the Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms, about Mi Fang: ‘We may note that Mi Fang had the remarkable record of serving each of the Rival Three Kingdoms. P.671.’


I think the Professor means remarkable as in someone serving all three factions rather then his deeds were remarkable

Chen Tai: One of the favorite’s. Nevertheless, I don’t understand why he didn’t have his card on Dynasty Warriors Blast. :? Despite his popularity, KOEI seems to put him aside. Did someone have a clue about it ?


My guess? Possibly he isn't as famous as, say, Deng Ai and he fits into an awkward middle bit whereas Deng Ai and Zhong Hui have fall of Shu and Guo Huai acts as sort of a transition figure having served Xiahou Yuan then oversaw Deng Ai. Plus possibly the Wei loyalist angle is awkward

There, I guess you're right. They are strategists, but only in the book, so we can assess that all the adds will be based on it (except for He Qi, who is the big missing one of the book, but however, he have its card on DW Blast).


I wouldn't mind He Qi but I kind of wonder if they mess up the flamboyancy to the irritating level

I always wondered how a character is Wei or Jin related, in KOEI point of view. Is it towards some point of the story (like the rise of the Sima Clan) or their affinity/loyauty towards who they serves ?
For example, I guess Guo Huai is Wei in the Jin story, so added in Jin. We have also Xiahou Ba, who is Wei/Shu in the Jin story. Added in Jin. But they clearly class Cao Shuang, He Yan, Guanqiu Jian and Wen Qin as Wei in the Wei faction, so now… I’m totally lost with their classification


I think if playable and post Wu-Zhang, they are seen as Jin.
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 17473
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby LordSheezy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:58 pm

I just want to say that when I saw "The King of Yan. Bay Bay.", I envisioned all of his men throwing their hands up along with Gongsun Yuan just like Adam Cole.

Wei:

Cao Hong: I love me some badass Xiahou Dun in Dynasty Warriors, but he was one of the most imcompetent generals under Cao Cao (He never scored a major victory) . Cao Hong at least protected Cao Cao while Cao Cao was fleeing from the Battle of Xingyang and successfully escorted him back to Qiao Province.
Cheng Yu: an amoral dark humor individual who should be portrayed as such in order to play to Cao Cao's view of talent. He made some great advice to Cao Cao during his lifetime, but his suggestion of resorting to cannibalism to deal with the famine is something else.
Cao Zhen: the first major general who was the gatekeeper Xiahou Mao to Sima Yi. One of the few men who kept Sima Yi in check (if memory serves me correctly). Was the father of Cao Shuang. Should be somewhat of a Cao Ren 2.0 with a fatherly instinct.
Cao Shuang: the major antagonistic figure of Jin's 1st major arc up to Sima Yi's coup-de-e'tat. A hopeless individual that tried to keep the power within the family and was just outclassed and outmatched badly by his opposition.
Hao Zhao: the general behind the success of fending off Zhuge Liang's 2nd Northern Campaign with only 3,000 men in Chen Cang. Definitely deserves some love for that.
Chen Tai: Chen Qun's son who can be considered as the last competent Wei general towards the end of Wei. Had some successes against Shu before Deng Ai took over and the rest was history.
Cao Mao: the 4th Emperor of Wei. Staged the coup-de-e'tat that ended in his death. Can be looked as a young hot-blooded character that wanted to restore Wei to its former glory.
Xiahou Mao: cuz why not!

Shu:
Wang Ping: One of the most important generals in the mid-late parts of Shu (one of my favorite generals in history TBH). An illiterate general that loves to study strategems in the best way possible: he advised Ma Su to not set up base on the mountains of Jie Ting, which he arrogantly did not heed and paid dearly for it. Wang Ping fended off Zhang He, one of Zhuge Liang's most troublesome foes, and Wang Ping scored the final major Shu victory against Wei during Cao Shuang's doomed invasion of Shu in 244. Was in charge of defending Han Zhong until his death.
Zhang Ni: enough said. His death or the chance to save him should be a major what-if scenario for Jiang Wei's story.
Chen Dao: was 2nd to Zhao Yun in terms of courage and fame. He was a brave general and should definitely get some love.
Ma Su: Zhuge Liang's 1st arrogant disciple. Was mainly responsible for spoiling Zhuge Liang's 1st and arguably best chance of gaining any important momentum in his 5 Northern Campaigns. Him being spared should be a major what-if scenario for Zhuge Liang.
Yan Yan: General known for defiantly going against Zhang Fei after he was captured. Zhang Fei was so impressed that he spared him and Yan Yan surrendered as a result. Guided Zhang Fei to Liu Bei afterwards.
Luo Xian: the general in charge of defending Yong An against Wu after Shu's downfall. Surrendered to Wei/Jin afterwards.

Wu:
Zhu Mao: the general who took Sun Jian's cap to masquerade as him as a decoy to lure away Dong Zhuo's forces during the battle of Si Shui Gate. Give Sun Jian his credit for killing Hua Xiong!!!!
Lu Kang: the last great general of Wu who delayed their inevitable demise for 17 years. Fended off Yang Hu's invasion, forcing him to change tactics to maintain a friendship with Lu Kang in order to see who dies first.
Zhuge Jin: Zhuge Liang's older brother who was loyal to Sun Quan. Was a commander towards his later years. Bore a son Zhuge Ke, who fell from grace just about as quickly as rising to the occassion largely due to his arrogance. Once said that "He will either bring great honor or great doom to our family" about Ke. He has his roundabout way of talking with Sun Quan.
I agree with the concepts of Pan Zhang.
Zhuge Ke: the Grand Tutor of Wu who was entrusted by Sun Quan to be a regent for Sun Liang despite his correct concerns of his arrogance.

Jin:
Yang Hu: the general in charge of defending Jing Province from Lu Kang. Devised the outline for the Wu Campaign. He passed away before being able to launch the campaign and annoited Du Yu to be his successor.
Du Yu: the general in charge of the Wu Campaign in 280. Known for his love for Zuo Zhuan.
Wang Jun: the general who contributed to the Wu Campaign in 280. Arrogant and unscrupulous, but his talent more than backs it up.
Sima Yan: the founding Emperor of Jin and Sima Zhao's son.

Others:
He Jin: the Grand General in between Yellow Turban Rebellion and the Ten Attendant's coup-de-e'tat. Eventually paved the way for Dong Zhuo's rise to the occassion.
Zhang Rang: leader of the Ten Attendants. Corrupted and power-hungry. He wants to consolidate all of the power to himself.
Li Ru: Dong Zhuo's son-in-law who was also his strategist. Saw through Wang Yun and Diao Chan's beauty plan, but Dong Zhuo did not heed.
Nintendo Switch FC: 4846-9673-0495
User avatar
LordSheezy
Tyro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Welcome to the forum LordSheezy

Nice mix of early (though He Jin and Zhang Rang's time in DW is so short, I do question that) and late era figures
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 17473
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby LordSheezy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Welcome to the forum LordSheezy

Nice mix of early (though He Jin and Zhang Rang's time in DW is so short, I do question that) and late era figures


Thank you, sir!

I only bring them up because they were pivoted to the start of the story. He Jin was basically if Dong Zhuo was a complete inept military commander without the ruthlessness that he brought to the court and Zhang Rang literally paved the way for Dong Zhuo to take control IMO. Though I do understand that their influence has nothing on Zhang Jue.

Gotta give the later era figures so love too. They never really get a lot of mention.

I would like for more what-if scenarios from what if Cao Mao's coup-de-e'tat succeeded.
Nintendo Switch FC: 4846-9673-0495
User avatar
LordSheezy
Tyro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:05 am

Welcome to the board LordSheezy, that is a great list! A good variety of names. I personally would like He Jin to be a Non playable custom officer.

That said, I think you are being a little harsh to He Jin there. I don't think he was like Dong Zhuo at all. I wouldn't describe DZ as ruthless, more violent and vicious which are words that don't suit He Jin and I don't think anyone should aspire too. The manner of their authority at court were also very different. He Jin was an established problem, a relation of an Empress Dowager, his power largely came from his sister. The dynasty had already rid itself of a few people from that category. Dong Zhuo on the other hand was a whole new problem. He had a large army who was absolutely loyal to him, removing him would prove to be far more complicated that a He Jin, who while nominally head of the whole army, didn't command any individual troops loyalty. I also think saying he is totally inept is a little harsh!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
User avatar
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 7910
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Vicar Factory

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby LordSheezy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Welcome to the board LordSheezy, that is a great list! A good variety of names. I personally would like He Jin to be a Non playable custom officer.

That said, I think you are being a little harsh to He Jin there. I don't think he was like Dong Zhuo at all. I wouldn't describe DZ as ruthless, more violent and vicious which are words that don't suit He Jin and I don't think anyone should aspire too. The manner of their authority at court were also very different. He Jin was an established problem, a relation of an Empress Dowager, his power largely came from his sister. The dynasty had already rid itself of a few people from that category. Dong Zhuo on the other hand was a whole new problem. He had a large army who was absolutely loyal to him, removing him would prove to be far more complicated that a He Jin, who while nominally head of the whole army, didn't command any individual troops loyalty. I also think saying he is totally inept is a little harsh!


I can see where you were coming from with He Jin. I just don't think that he was competent at all and only rose to the rank due to his relations to Empress He. He didn't stand out in particular. But I can tone my harsh criticism of him down.
Nintendo Switch FC: 4846-9673-0495
User avatar
LordSheezy
Tyro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:11 pm

LordSheezy wrote:
I only bring them up because they were pivoted to the start of the story. He Jin was basically if Dong Zhuo was a complete inept military commander without the ruthlessness that he brought to the court and Zhang Rang literally paved the way for Dong Zhuo to take control IMO. Though I do understand that their influence has nothing on Zhang Jue.


I would say there influence was far greater then Zhang Jue's, the problem is neither He Jin or Zhang Rang saw battle and don't provide a strong narrative purpose that counter balances that. They were both political figures who die very early for the era, DW has tended to be able to tell their role as it is quickly as it is and I'm not sure they are ever going to delve deeply into the politics of the pre civil war in a way that would make them useful additions.

Unless they did something new, not sure they bring in enough to justify the resources/space. I find He Jin intresting and there are intresting angles that could be done with the eunuchs that would really shake people perceptions while being historically accurate but I doubt that will happen.

Might I suggest Rui's wife Guo (perhaps instead of Cao Mao) for Wei? Long life, politically wise, provides a good figure head for Wei and a headache for Jin as she tried to keep Wei's fading hopes alive with some skill.
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 17473
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby LordSheezy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:40 am

Dong Zhou wrote:
LordSheezy wrote:
I only bring them up because they were pivoted to the start of the story. He Jin was basically if Dong Zhuo was a complete inept military commander without the ruthlessness that he brought to the court and Zhang Rang literally paved the way for Dong Zhuo to take control IMO. Though I do understand that their influence has nothing on Zhang Jue.


I would say there influence was far greater then Zhang Jue's, the problem is neither He Jin or Zhang Rang saw battle and don't provide a strong narrative purpose that counter balances that. They were both political figures who die very early for the era, DW has tended to be able to tell their role as it is quickly as it is and I'm not sure they are ever going to delve deeply into the politics of the pre civil war in a way that would make them useful additions.

Unless they did something new, not sure they bring in enough to justify the resources/space. I find He Jin intresting and there are intresting angles that could be done with the eunuchs that would really shake people perceptions while being historically accurate but I doubt that will happen.

Might I suggest Rui's wife Guo (perhaps instead of Cao Mao) for Wei? Long life, politically wise, provides a good figure head for Wei and a headache for Jin as she tried to keep Wei's fading hopes alive with some skill.


Empress Guo would definitely be a great addition since her roles with the court definitely kept the Simas from obtaining full control to a certain extent. But Cao Mao represented the last major stand for Jin. Empress Guo and Cao Mao's death ended any chance of Wei ever regaining its former glory.

I brought He Jin and Zhang Rang up because in Lu Bu's 1st stage in DW8XL/CE, it was the exterminating the Ten Attendants. He Jin was the leader of the campaign against the Yellow Turbans and then he gets killed by Zhang Rang. So it is doable.
Nintendo Switch FC: 4846-9673-0495
User avatar
LordSheezy
Tyro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:30 am

Mi Heng - He can run around naked spinning his wiener at people as an attack.

Zhang Fei's gardener - We need to see the story of the person who grew the peach garden. That's how this series works anyway.

Sun Fangpi - One of Sun Jian's daughters and sister to Sun Ce and Sun Quan. Time for her story to shine.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:46 pm

Re: Dynasty Warriors 10 Characters Wishlist

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 pm

LordSheezy wrote:
I brought He Jin and Zhang Rang up because in Lu Bu's 1st stage in DW8XL/CE, it was the exterminating the Ten Attendants. He Jin was the leader of the campaign against the Yellow Turbans and then he gets killed by Zhang Rang. So it is doable.


He Jin though never fought against the Turbans (though it is true he has been NPCED in DW for a few times) and He Jin's death is why the mass murder battle against eunuchs happens so he can't be in the second. No battle figures can be done, Liu Shan was one I wanted for a long time but I imagine they are more difficult to integrate into a fighting game so I tend to see them as rare exceptions where there has to be a need.
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 17473
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved