Dynasty Warriors 9

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Be careful about going to many areas, burning out is a real possibility if you go to too many places too quickly.
I guess if you are only playing the starter edition without having access to multiple chapters it isn't too bad but you might want to check out another chapter with another character. If you hit every area with Cao Cao it will probably get you to not do much with any other character :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:00 pm

True. My concern though is, I'm aware there is character related stuff hidden on maps and if I don't go to every city, will I miss something Cao Cao related or will they keep those only in the blue cities?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:True. My concern though is, I'm aware there is character related stuff hidden on maps and if I don't go to every city, will I miss something Cao Cao related or will they keep those only in the blue cities?

There may be a few minor lines spoken that are specific to him but nothing major. The main story-lines are the big character driven sequences.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

Yeah next time I may just do areas the battle quests send me in and the big major cities like Chang An as I suspect those will be areas I can meet figures or any "Cao Cao rescue Cai Yan" quest would be in
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby PyroMystic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:26 am

Greetings! Can someone please help helm me with something? So I'm interested because it's only idr 259,999 (about $18.34) in Steam. But to be honest, I'm not planning on playing ALL the 90 characters. I read some posts in this thread that said that players can buy whomever story mode they want to play. Is this true?

Then I check the DLC and found something like this:
[Character Name] - Officer Ticket / [Hanzi]使用券 Rp. 39,000
(idr 39,000 is approximately $2.75)
So what I get is that to play this game, you have to pay idr 259,999 (about $18.34) for the base game and buy a character you want to play for idr 39,000 (about $2.75). And if you want to play as another character, you have to pay another idr 39,000 (about $2.75)? To be honest, idr 259,999 is VERY expensive for a base game which you can't even play

Or is it the case that once you buy the base game, you buy ALL the characters? And you only need to buy Officer Ticket only if you download the trial version?

Second, how much storage space do I need to download only the trial version? Is it as much as downloading the full paid version?

Can someone please enlighten me? Thank you very much.
忍辱负重 ~ rěn rǔ fù zhòng
||endure humiliation, bear burden||
《三国志 · 吴书 · 陸遜传 》
PyroMystic
Initiate

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:07 pm

PyroMystic wrote:Greetings! Can someone please help helm me with something? So I'm interested because it's only idr 259,999 (about $18.34) in Steam. But to be honest, I'm not planning on playing ALL the 90 characters. I read some posts in this thread that said that players can buy whomever story mode they want to play. Is this true?

Then I check the DLC and found something like this:
[Character Name] - Officer Ticket / [Hanzi]使用券 Rp. 39,000
(idr 39,000 is approximately $2.75)
So what I get is that to play this game, you have to pay idr 259,999 (about $18.34) for the base game and buy a character you want to play for idr 39,000 (about $2.75). And if you want to play as another character, you have to pay another idr 39,000 (about $2.75)? To be honest, idr 259,999 is VERY expensive for a base game which you can't even play

Or is it the case that once you buy the base game, you buy ALL the characters? And you only need to buy Officer Ticket only if you download the trial version?

Second, how much storage space do I need to download only the trial version? Is it as much as downloading the full paid version?

Can someone please enlighten me? Thank you very much.

If you buy the actual game, you get all the actual characters to play as, the tickets people were mentioning are for the demo/trial version only, they don't even exist in the full game I don't think. You'd only have to pay extra if you want the season pass 1 (has Dong Bai, Yuan Shu and Xiahou Ji as playable officers and some costumes and scenarios), season pass 2 (no new characters) or the other different dlc stuff, which is optional and not really needed. As for storage space, you'd probably need around 50gb either way for the demo or full game.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Hasdrubal » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Is the game worth it? If i see it on sale should i pick it up or just leave it.
Hasdrubal
Tyro

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:22 pm

It's a very polarizing game. I personally find it to be the best in the series, but others think it's the absolute worst. I'd say try out the free version of the game before you pick it up on sale.
"Looking at Zhong Hui is like viewing an armory, one sees only spears and lances"
— Pei Kai
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Scholar

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:42 am

For some reason, this game is getting yet another season pass, anyone else remember when you could just get 1 season pass and that was it? Never seen a game get 3 of them before :mrgreen:

https://www.destructoid.com/dynasty-war ... 1965.phtml
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am

It is some mega scummy bullshit, but my boi Zhong Hui is getting a DLC scenario... so I at least may have to get that.
"Looking at Zhong Hui is like viewing an armory, one sees only spears and lances"
— Pei Kai
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training