Dynasty Warriors 9

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:03 pm

That is a clever idea, if you can't get money for the full game, get say 20-30 dollars a lot from those who will only play a certain amount (and hope a few end up paying more then if they brought the game outright)
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:Koei announced today that DW9 will be receive Free To Play edition.

It's currently available only on PC but will come to console soon.

The F2P version will include:
- Free mode (with optional multiplayer), with six random selectable characters that will change daily.
- Story mode, choose any 3 characters and play through their story. (Appears to be a one-time choice of three.)

This is actually a pretty good move, imo. Between people who are skeptical and don't want to spend money, and people who fear performance issues (especially on PC), this is a good way for Koei to show off the game to people who might indeed decide to buy it after all.

:pika:

The bolded line excites me! I can try it out with Sun Ce and two others and decide then if it's worth the whole game. I wonder when it'll come to PS4!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Co-op is good but I don't think I'll find a PC user.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Ranbir wrote:Co-op is good but I don't think I'll find a PC user.

As it is free now I will give that a shot on PC. I lent my PS4 copy to a coworker as he wanted it to unlock some content in Warriors Orochi 4 :lol:

Edit: I downloaded the trial game, I don't think I can host an on line game, not sure if I can only join a game that a paid player has set up.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Second season pass. Is it a way of allowing people to buy a select amount of characters more cheaply, or as I understand it, adding more costumes, scenario's and so on?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training