Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am

If allies are not doing anything its because there is a side mission that needs doing to help unlock them a path to march on forward.

They can help and do things on their own but some points will be hard locked for them because it's a side mission area that is for the player to do.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Normally it is true that side missions can get allies to help but I think i was encountering some bugs. In the first chapter with Liu Bei both Guan Yu and Zhang Fei followed me for a while but after a bit they decided to head south without me. I thought fine but I still wanted to play north of the river so I went and rescued Dong Zhou and fought in the west for a bit while my sworn brothers hung outside a enemy city in the Yan Province (forgot the name) After a while I decided alright I will join them, so I swam across the river (finding a gold deposit woo :-P ) and joined them. After I wiped out the captains they were fighting I went into the city and captured it. However instead of joining me the two of them just sat there outside the city. I stood next to them, jumped around them, nothing. They wouldn't move and gave me no prompts to talk. So I ended up finishing the chapter without them, though I did rescue Yu Jin who did join me for the rest of the chapter :lol:

In chapter 2 after joining with Cao Cao and Yuan Shao we started marching on Si Shui Gate, upon arrival Cao Cao sent in Xiahou Yuan and Dun and then just sat there near Yuan Shao who also decided to stare at the sky I suppose as neither joined in the fighting. Once I beat Hua Xiong the entire army kinda blinked out of existence but Cao Cao and Yuan Shao did move forward to Hu Lao Gate. Where they proceeded to do the exact same thing and just stand there in the rear of the army while Xiahou Dun and Yuan were joined by Gongsun Zan and they attacked Lu Bu. Gongsun Zan getting his butt kicked and being forced to retreat. Xiahou Yuan almost joined him but after I beat up Zhang Liao Lu Bu ran off. After that the army kinda got stuck halfway to Luo Yang and just stopped moving. I tried to get them to move forward but they just lost interest I guess. There were some generic captains fighting near the Capital but by that time I just got frustrated with my allies so I just went inside and went right to Dong Zhou and beat him up.

Allies worked better when I was playing as Zhang Jiao, after rescuing various people they would march on the objectives. Zhao Cang even tried to defeat Dong Zhou on his own...didn't do wonderfully but he tried.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

If I've just witnessed an event about 5 Wei generals, heard their battle cries, watched them all getting hyper status with that horned helmet icon I shouldn't be expected to clear the fort for them, unless I'm one of them of course. I shouldn't hear them crying for help few seconds after the skirmish started. I shouldn't see them outside the fort fighting noone for 5 minutes if the situation is really dire and I certainly shouldn't continue hearing their cries after I've killed most of the peons and raised the morale nearly to it's limit.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 am

Fun fact, when playing as Guan Yu, you do not play Baima AT ALL. NO CUTSCENE. NO EVENT. NOTHING!!!

But, you are required to play the invasion of Yi and HanZhong campaign... as Guan Yu... yes... yes... exactly... something that never happened historically or even fictionally... ... ...

God damn Koei!!!
Liu Bei did nothing wrong.
Han
Sage

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:31 pm

The UK DW site has a "coming soon" thing for DLC information but I had got the impression that the information was already out there on non-uk sites?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 pm

I saw the announcement and sadly I am not surprised. Basically with the season pass we can get access to weapon packs and get to play as the unique NPCs along with a few other things. As much as I would like to play as Yuan Shu, I can hardly get myself to play 9 at all in general.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby greencactaur » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Han wrote:Fun fact, when playing as Guan Yu, you do not play Baima AT ALL. NO CUTSCENE. NO EVENT. NOTHING!!!

But, you are required to play the invasion of Yi and HanZhong campaign... as Guan Yu... yes... yes... exactly... something that never happened historically or even fictionally... ... ...

God damn Koei!!!

Yeah I noticed that too lol. Kind of bugs me.
greencactaur
Master

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training