Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!

Unread postby Kotosho » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 pm

I haven't been on the forums for a while, my apologies for that. I just want to say that I LOVE Xu Huang's look. The blue and gold of his outfit, the red and gold of his axe and the red and blue mix so well and I've been looking every day. I can't believe how they ruined his informal outfit. It doesn't even look like him anymore. I'm looking forward to playing with him. I need to make a top 10 with DW characters some time, I'm sure Xu Huang will be in the top 5. His move set in DW3 was the best for me. I'm rather sad that they changed the axe. It's more a single combat weapon in DW8, I do hope that they changed it back. I don't know if there are any videos of him out there yet. I've been rather busy with school and unable to check (school is also the reason for my inactivity here). I'm hoping to get a bit more active again :D
''Do not do evil because it is a small evil; do not leave undone a small good because it is a small good'' - Liu Bei
Kotosho
Tyro

Unread postby yevonsama » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 am

The whip seems too "aggressive" for Cai Wenji's peaceful character. I feel like the paired fans would have suited her better.

Cai Wenji only fix with Huqin.
yevonsama
Apprentice

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Welcome back Kotosho, hope your school work is going well

Fairy Tale costumes

Wei:

Xiahou Dun 7.5: Feels like some tweaking of the head/body might have been helpful but is a good armour for a warrior, enough colour provided in details

Dian Wei 7: Good idea well delivered with good use of unusual clothing and good colours

Xu Zhu 7.5: See Dian Wei just with worse hair, my personal preference of the two is Xu Zhu which is partly choice of colours

Cao Cao 5.5: I like how some characters themes connect to each other, feels like this costume however is too busy and too overly rich for Cao Cao. Like the grail symbol

Xiahou Yuan 7.5: Suits him, good smile, good mix of green, white and blue, lovely use of feathers

Zhang Liao 5: His scowling face does the costume no favours, feels too busy and ill-suited

Xu Huang 6: Nice way of dealing with his turban, doesn't mesh but is fine, like the patterns on the trousers

Zhang He 8: Purple works well with the well designed armour, I like the pattern on it. Needs an Isolade

Zhen Ji 6.5: Blond Zhen Ji feels a little odd at first, I feel the gold doesn't blend in with the rest of the otherwise pretty costume and marrs it

Cao Ren 6.5: Not ever going to be a fav but works well enough, good shade of gold that almost feels dirty

Cao Pi 5: Awful awful hair. Costume doesn't work, again feels like too much going on with the golden details

Wenji 6: I like the idea and the hair/hat but the main costume again feels too busy, too many colours that don't gel

Jia Xu 6: Solid but purple costume and black hood doesn't work

Pang De 5.5: If not for the helmet, would have been a solid if overly colourful costume

Wang Yi 6.5: I love the idea and it doesn't look bad but there is something a bit too bright when I look at it, needs something to tone it down

Guo Jia 6.5: Solid but not a particular fan
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Valvatorez » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks for continuing these :mrgreen: Do you think that they will add this kinda stuff again, or would want to see it for 9? I mean it would be nice to have some new different costumes, but not if they end up costing so much to get everything.
Also another thing I am really looking forward to that I haven't really seen anyone mention yet is the music, there's so many good tracks from a lot of the games that I really like.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm

I don't tend to buy costumes but judging by their being a season pass and preorder bonus is costumes, I do expect there to be more costume packs. Tended to not really notice DW music unless it is bad
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby DragonAtma » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Yeah, DyW music doesn't usually stick out; there are exceptions, though (such as Hopeful Pain).
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 pm

I normally have it on mute whilst I listen to whatever music I'm in to at that time!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Koei’s Twitter said that there will be 90 characters. With the 83 returning from DW8E and the 7 newcomers, I guess we’ve got our roster.

Overall I think I’m happy with what we got, even though they are distributed unevenly across the kingdoms. I was hoping for at least one more Jin add but I’m happy Jin got XXY at least. 8-)

Koei also seemed to confirm that Yuan Shu would have a unique NPC model. So it’ll probably be similar to past games with unique NPCs wherein he’ll become a full character in the inevitable XL.
Jia Nanfeng
Apprentice

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I don't tend to buy costumes but judging by their being a season pass and preorder bonus is costumes, I do expect there to be more costume packs. Tended to not really notice DW music unless it is bad

DragonAtma wrote:Yeah, DyW music doesn't usually stick out; there are exceptions, though (such as Hopeful Pain).

Sun Fin wrote:I normally have it on mute whilst I listen to whatever music I'm in to at that time!

Hmm well you guys should actually try listening to some of the songs outside of the game, or in Sun Fin's case, listen to them at all, you might be surprised :P

They have new informal looks on some of the characters, I can't get used to Zhen Ji, something seems off, maybe she reminds me of Lulu from Final Fantasy X.
And I actually hoped they would add some new people too for Jin, even Jia Nanfeng, I mentioned her earlier on here but she probably comes at a much later time, so overall I think most of the characters are good too.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Ah, but I've listened to the entire 7-hour DyW8 soundtrack on youtube twice (once pre-empires, once including empires).
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training