Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 9 - Characters

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed May 10, 2017 9:00 am

Don't get me wrong, Cheng Pu was invaluable to Wu, long serving, wise head, an example to others, did a lot of important roles like securing Sun Quan's throne, always did well. Every kingdom needs a Cheng Pu. In terms of DW type stuff they can do, one saving Sun Ce from Zu Lang, rowing with Zhou Yu and what?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed May 10, 2017 11:54 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Don't get me wrong, Cheng Pu was invaluable to Wu, long serving, wise head, an example to others, did a lot of important roles like securing Sun Quan's throne, always did well. Every kingdom needs a Cheng Pu. In terms of DW type stuff they can do, one saving Sun Ce from Zu Lang, rowing with Zhou Yu and what?

Didn't he have a massive row with Lu Xun as well?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri May 12, 2017 6:09 am

People linked to a picture of Zhou Cang when he was announced, but not to Cheng Pu -- so here, have one.

Cheng Pu

EDIT: They revised the image of Cheng Pu so it's tiny (761x1000 -> 200x263)! So I edited the link to the previous, nice big version.

EDIT 2: Apparently they decided to edit that one too -- so give it a day or two and we should have a better link.

In the meantime, have some screenshots -- apparently wall climbing is a thing.
Last edited by DragonAtma on Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby diegroup » Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 am

SHU
Wang Ping, Xiahoushi, Zhou Cang
Liu Feng, Fei Yi, Ma Su, Ma Liang, Ma Yunlu

Wei
Cheng Yu, Bianshi, Cao Hong
Man Chong, Cao Zhi, Cao Zhang, Wen Pin, Cao Rui

WU
Xu Sheng, Wu Guotai, Cheng Pu
Zhuge Ke, Lu Kang, Jiang Qin, Zhu Huan, He Qi

Jin
Chen Tai, Yang Huiyu, Yang Hu, Deng Zhong, Hao Zhao
Wang Ling, Guanqiu Jian, Wen Qin

Oth
Gao Shun, Wen Chou, Yan Liang
Yuan Shu, Ma Teng, Han Sui, Gongsun Zan, Dongbai
diegroup
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am

I assume that is your wishlist diegroup? Welcome to the forum

KW has scans of Xiahou Dun, Guan Yu and Zhao Yun here

Thoughts on looks:

Cheng Pu: I very much like the look. Stern, wizened, strong appearance, the spear stands out in a way that doesn't tend to (for me) with weapons and glad they have gone for his traditional weapon, god mix of costumes with armour that looks well fitted. The blue scarf is a nice little touch 8/10

Xiahou Dun: Xiahou Dun's new look generally feels return to past, not been a big fan of his yellow sleeves and legs but the blue and silver chest armour looks lovely. Hate his new haircut 5/10

Guan Yu: I don't like the helmet for Dw9. Everything else, the red face, the long beard, the green and red robe with golden dragon looks very nice and very Guan Yu but the helmet just does something to his face that feels wrong. 6

Zhao Yun: Looks nice, the white knight with the armour (though not a fan of big shoulderugards), the green sleeves and trim, the golden dragons. It feels like Zhao Yun 7
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Man Chong has leaked out and looks we de some scans.

Fairly happy with him, helps Xu Huang as a friend in the novel, opens some mid Wei's fights with Wu as one of their key commanders which is something DW hasn't tended to cover so offers something new, I assume will have an engineer role for his Hefei work which Wei doesn't have. Perhaps lacks personality and relations though and has a large pre Fan gap due to being a law officer
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Wei is the kingdom that I have least interest in but I think Man Chong has lots of potential. Where are the scans DZ? What weapon is he using?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Shooting Spears apparently and HQ image
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:58 pm

I like the weapon but I think I imagined him being older than he is there!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Xun You been confirmed, will post picture once a high quality render been done.

Can't say I think this is wise, Wei adding Man Chong and Xun Yu (since he was Empires only, still new in some ways) who both have more stand out persona's in history and offer new angles so maybe Xun Yiu should have been pushed back? Due to Xun You's discreet nature making it hard to fully see his career, his Wei stuff (pre-Wei at least had plot against Dong and jailed) is hard to see how he will make a real impact. Guan Du perhaps is his big moment? Not sure what new he brings. He isn't a bad add but I fear he will get crowded out
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training